Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Hi guys, Yesterday I have realized that I have entered incorrect passport number in TRV application. It was a typo, last two numbers were swaped.
I have applied for my in-laws and parents, total four applications but the problem is in my mothers application. Today I see that three of them are approved by linking application in cic account. However, I could not find my mothers application with both(correct/wrong) passport numbers. Does it means it was rejected?
Please help if you have seen this typo problem.
Thanks

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
pvr said:
Hi guys, Yesterday I have realized that I have entered incorrect passport number in TRV application. It was a typo, last two numbers were swaped.
I have applied for my in-laws and parents, total four applications but the problem is in my mothers application. Today I see that three of them are approved by linking application in cic account. However, I could not find my mothers application with both(correct/wrong) passport numbers. Does it means it was rejected?
Please help if you have seen this typo problem.
Thanks
Bryanna please share your thoughts :-\

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I could not find my mothers application with both(correct/wrong) passport numbers. Does it means it was rejected?
I would not assume that your mom's application has been rejected for this error.

I think her application processing is possibly delayed.... if for example, your mom has traveled earlier to the US/Canada then those visits will not show up due to the incorrect passport number.

Another issue/delay you may face later.... (even though the visa office has internal checks and processes).... is if the TRV is printed with the wrong passport number.

I suggest you send both a CSE and an email to the relevant visa office.... with a scanned copy of the passport

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
Bryanna said:
I would not assume that your mom's application has been rejected for this error.

I think her application processing is possibly delayed.... if for example, your mom has traveled earlier to the US/Canada then those visits will not show up due to the incorrect passport number.

Another issue/delay you may face later.... (even though the visa office has internal checks and processes).... is if the TRV is printed with the wrong passport number.

I suggest you send both a CSE and an email to the relevant visa office.... with a scanned copy of the passport
Thanks Bryanna for your response. My moms application is not delayed. As per the vfs status, all four passports are on their way to my home. I could not link my moms application in cic online account but I have successfully linked other three and the status is approved.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
pvr said:
Thanks Bryanna for your response. My moms application is not delayed. As per the vfs status, all four passports are on their way to my home. I could not link my moms application in cic online account but I have successfully linked other three and the status is approved.
Good that you could link her application to the online account.

Congrats on getting all four TRVs :) :)

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
Bryanna said:
Good that you could link her application to the online account.

Congrats on getting all four TRVs :) :)
Thanks, only three TRVs are approved for sure, but I could not verify my mothers TRV status because of the incorrect passport number. As you said, hopefully her TRV is also approved (knock on the wood). I have to wait till the passports arrive.