+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect Name on PR Card

ESumm

May 14, 2012
Hi All,

I received my PR card in the mail today. It is my first card as I landed March. Unfortunately, the card is in my maiden name, not my married name. My married name is my legal name.

I applied under my married name, however, when I went to my landing interview, the landing document was in my maiden name. I explained this to the officer and she was very nice about it. She said she would make a note in my file and took a copy of marriage license. She said that she would try to get CIC office to change it on my PR card, but she couldn't promise anything.

I don't know why the landing document was in my maiden name. At the time I applied for PR, my passport was still in my maiden name, but I sent in a copy of my marriage license and a letter explaining the change.

I'm planning to phone the call centre tomorrow and try and sort this out. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? How did you go about fixing this?

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
the name on landing doc would be the name on PR card.
in order to update name, you have to reapply for replacement PR card with new name. check www.cic.gc.ca for more info
on the other hand
if name on landing document is incorrect then you need to get your landing doc ammended and then you can get ur pr replaced

vishal19

May 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
what was yr landing date?pls reply