+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect digital photo specifications for visitor extension, will the application be returned as incomplete?

DodoCorp

Jun 21, 2021
Hello,

We were rushing to submit visitor extension application for wife online as its expiry date is the same day we sent application (we thought she had 6 months but the officer wrote 5 months for some reason which she noticed a day before expiry).

We tried to take a digital photo at home meeting the specs but we guess the aspect ratio may be wrong, or other things like that. It also has a slight shadow (although this isnt mentioned on the specs to my knowledge).

We dont care too much if the extension is refused since we will apply for pr and owp while on implied status, but implied status is only maintained if the visitor extension isnt returned as incomplete.

Will they simply request a new photo, which would still maintain implied status? Or will they
return as incomplete and ruin all our plans?

The proof of financial support document too shows her funds in Japanese yen but theres no way to change that so I also included a bank balance of mine in CAD and said I would support her. And we explained we are waiting for PR documents.