+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorporated Experience

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Hello ,

Do we get point for Incorporated Experience ?.
I have been trying ..did check the self-employment box ..didn't Get any point..

Thanks

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
sidon17 said:
Hello ,

Do we get point for Incorporated Experience ?.
I have been trying ..did check the self-employment box ..didn't Get any point..

Thanks
This is a pretty grey area in terms of getting points allocated for CRS. Incorporation is only for tax purpose hence only CRA(Canada Reveneu Agency) is involved.

BIG difference : All Self-Employed individuals are incorporated, NOT all incorporated individuals are self-employed.

CEC does not allocate points towards self-employed individuals as it's hard to find out the exact number of working hours. In such cases self-employed individuals generally work under professions of farming, taxi driver, athletes etc... where an individual can work any number of hours and does not have an employer-employee relationship.

In my case, even though I am incorporated, I am an IT consultant and I have a NOC 2171 and I have a strict 9-5 job with specific roles & responsibilities defined by my employer and I work at my employers location. Only for the purpose of CRA and filing taxes I am considered otherwise I am not, hence by the clear definition of HRSDC (Human Resources Development Canada) I do NOT title myself as self-employed. Hence, I did not check mark either OOPNP or EE submission as self-employed. I submitted as regular employment and have provided all supporting documentation.

If for some reason CIC or OOPNP comes back to me saying its self-employed I can counter argue with the HRSDC document of employer-employee relationship. Even if then they deny me then I am still above the 400 mark.

I haven't received my PNP nomination yet, so I cannot tell you whether they accepted or not. You can look up HRSDC website and read about it and submit it at your own risk. I am not suggesting anything here as to what you should do, except just sharing my part. :) Hope you have a better clarification than before. :)

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Dilbert said:
This is a pretty grey area in terms of getting points allocated for CRS. Incorporation is only for tax purpose hence only CRA(Canada Reveneu Agency) is involved.

BIG difference : All Self-Employed individuals are incorporated, NOT all incorporated individuals are self-employed.

CEC does not allocate points towards self-employed individuals as it's hard to find out the exact number of working hours. In such cases self-employed individuals generally work under professions of farming, taxi driver, athletes etc... where an individual can work any number of hours and does not have an employer-employee relationship.

In my case, even though I am incorporated, I am an IT consultant and I have a NOC 2171 and I have a strict 9-5 job with specific roles & responsibilities defined by my employer and I work at my employers location. Only for the purpose of CRA and filing taxes I am considered otherwise I am not, hence by the clear definition of HRSDC (Human Resources Development Canada) I do NOT title myself as self-employed. Hence, I did not check mark either OOPNP or EE submission as self-employed. I submitted as regular employment and have provided all supporting documentation.

If for some reason CIC or OOPNP comes back to me saying its self-employed I can counter argue with the HRSDC document of employer-employee relationship. Even if then they deny me then I am still above the 400 mark.

I haven't received my PNP nomination yet, so I cannot tell you whether they accepted or not. You can look up HRSDC website and read about it and submit it at your own risk. I am not suggesting anything here as to what you should do, except just sharing my part. :) Hope you have a better clarification than before. :)

Thanks

I know we dont fit in self-employed profile as per the requirement mentioned..just the filling of tax is different..i cant wait any loner will add my incorporated experience too .. in worst case we will have to apply again..
I willl go for the CRA ruling to backup my experience ..

;)