+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete Information/Forms

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
I got an email from CiC today that I forgot to send them an Option C printout (Yes I know it's a major face palm thing) and saw a bunch of ppl too that forgot to put their signature on some forms.

Question is, are we gonna lose our line in Queue for our application? I mean do we have to wait again for a few months once we submitted that incomplete information/forms or whatever to them?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Having a missing document can delay the processing. How much is hard to determine as people have had all different experiences with it. We received notice 2 weeks after sending in the package that we forgot to include a form. It took about 2 weeks for it to get delivered from the US! It then took about another week for us to receive AOR and SA. So for us, we have been delayed about a month, as I think we are now being processed as if our application arrived in april instead of march. Not so bad.

Then there are also other people who are STILL waiting for approval from March because of missing documents. No one knows why it takes so long for some. One theory is in the request document, CIC gives a specific amount of time to return the document. In *some* cases, the file seems to be set aside until THAT date, which is called the "bring forward date", and resumed processing then.

There are so many unique elements to this process, that it's really difficult to predict which file will get delayed and which will coast through.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As long as they didn't return your entire application to you, you shouldn't have to start the processing time from scratch. However missing information does typically increase the overall process time for your application. I would assume this has added around six weeks to your overall processing time (but that's just a guess).

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
I was one of those people who missed a document from April. They sent me an email and gave me 45 days to send them back off. I sent them the same day as i knew after i sent the application off what i had done. I called Cic and they told me that they will use a bring forward date , when the 45 days is up they computer will bring it up, then they will look at the package.. I should say ,they received our original application on the 10th of April they sent me email 9th of June and i sent documents back 9th of June. So look at the time frame they gave you to return your option c and add that to your application.

Rainbow.Rainbow

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
neochanges1 said:
I got an email from CiC today that I forgot to send them an Option C printout (Yes I know it's a major face palm thing) and saw a bunch of ppl too that forgot to put their signature on some forms.

Question is, are we gonna lose our line in Queue for our application? I mean do we have to wait again for a few months once we submitted that incomplete information/forms or whatever to them?
I faced the same issue they start the processing once the application is complete count the days once you sent the final requested document. I am also in the same boat as you are in. Wish you a good luck!!!

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Yeah kinda sad, how can I forgot something so important. Well all of the requirements are important anyways, I called CRA to mail that Option C to me since I'm assuming I lost it or whatever it's gonna take 10 business days before I receive it and prob 3-5 business days before CiC receives the Option C from me. So it's safe to say that it would delay the process for a month or something. It's really frustrating.... Oh well.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
taffy7 said:
I was one of those people who missed a document from April. They sent me an email and gave me 45 days to send them back off. I sent them the same day as i knew after i sent the application off what i had done. I called Cic and they told me that they will use a bring forward date , when the 45 days is up they computer will bring it up, then they will look at the package.. I should say ,they received our original application on the 10th of April they sent me email 9th of June and i sent documents back 9th of June. So look at the time frame they gave you to return your option c and add that to your application.
I'm assuming that you haven't heard anything from them? :(

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
neochanges1 said:
Yeah kinda sad, how can I forgot something so important. Well all of the requirements are important anyways, I called CRA to mail that Option C to me since I'm assuming I lost it or whatever it's gonna take 10 business days before I receive it and prob 3-5 business days before CiC receives the Option C from me. So it's safe to say that it would delay the process for a month or something. It's really frustrating.... Oh well.
hi neochanges. did u do inland or outland?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mine was sent back last year when I applied after they had it for a month. At that time the processing time was less than 30 days. When I sent it back I got SA a couple weeks later and that was after the processing time went up.

So it all depends on how and what they send back. They sent my whole application - however there was a letter attached to it with the name officers number on it that I was to send it back to. Also - I had no UCI given at that point.

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
We missed a document which was a complete shock as my partner and I are pretty anal when it comes to this sort of thing. We must have checked everything 10 times before sending. Anyway, we received an email after 30 days requesting the missing document, we sent it the same day, it arrived at CIC the next day and two weeks later we had stage 1 approval. All in all, we only lost 2 weeks.

Good luck,

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
TorontoEH said:
We missed a document which was a complete shock as my partner and I are pretty anal when it comes to this sort of thing. We must have checked everything 10 times before sending. Anyway, we received an email after 30 days requesting the missing document, we sent it the same day, it arrived at CIC the next day and two weeks later we had stage 1 approval. All in all, we only lost 2 weeks.

Good luck,
That's pretty quick.

Gotta question thou, did they checked my wife's(principal applicant) requirements too? Or since this is a stage wherein sponsor gets approved they only checked mine? Would you guys know

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
I believe that they focus on the sponsor and also ensure that all requirements are met with regards to documentation. By focusing on the sponsor though, I assume they have a look at the overall package lightly to ensure that requirements are met with regards to the specific area of application i.e. common-law, conjugal etc.

Someone else may be able to give more information.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
neochanges1 said:
That's pretty quick.

Gotta question thou, did they checked my wife's(principal applicant) requirements too? Or since this is a stage wherein sponsor gets approved they only checked mine? Would you guys know
they check the completeness of both applications: sponsor AND applicant before starting SA process. The form missing was from my application (the applicant). It delayed us about a month.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
neochanges1 said:
I'm assuming that you haven't heard anything from them? :(
No nothing . I am the sponsor and the form i missed was from my step son who is** not coming** to Canada but had to be included in the application. I didn't have a UCI # or an officer to reply to just the intake center in Mississauga. Or no Aor or sponsorship as of yet . So they looked over the application found a missing form and request i send it off. Nothing to do with the sponsor myself. I was hoping that they would have given me SA and waited till they received the form but no such luck.