+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income problem parents sponsorship

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

I got an email for parental sponsorship and I am short of income for 2018. my question is if I do a reassessment of income at Canada revenue agency and apply for it am I be approved?

I am short by 1k for 2018 and I want to increase my income for self-employment. just want to know if that will work. have you guys experienced something like this?

thanks,

bahoo

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How are you increasing your income from self employment from 2018? But if it is reassessed, you can submit new NOA.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So did you hide your income when you filed for your 2018? Or are you creating income that didn't exist?
Either way, you may not get the re-assessed NOA before the application is due. And CRA may audit all of your previous income if they suspect that you haven't been filing your self-employment income correctly all along.

You should have knew it when you entered your interested to apply form last year.

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
I want to do fake income. I don't think Cra will dig a lot if you want to give them money. As I am stating it myself, I don't think they do auditing. they are not catching me for not stating my income, I am doing it myself. and Noa reassessment takes 2-3 weeks so I have time.

My question is if the Immigration office will accept my Noa if they see it is reassessed or not. I think they will accept, because when CRA accepts why they don't accept... So I just want to know if someone else has the same situation?

Reactions: nayr69sg

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I want to do fake income. I don't think Cra will dig a lot if you want to give them money. As I am stating it myself, I don't think they do auditing. they are not catching me for not stating my income, I am doing it myself. and Noa reassessment takes 2-3 weeks so I have time.

My question is if the Immigration office will accept my Noa if they see it is reassessed or not. I think they will accept, because when CRA accepts why they don't accept... So I just want to know if someone else has the same situation?
You are telling us that you want to fake your income?!

I am speechless. And, no, CRA is well aware of this requirement of income cutoff to sponsor. If they ask for proof of your income and you can't provide it, they can audit your file. They do not just take your money. It doesn't work that way.

And a NOA with lower income, then a re-assessed NOA with just enough income will look VERY obvious that you make up fake income to fit in the sponsorship requirement.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013

I am speechless, too.

I wish you change your mind and do not commit anything wrong/illegal. I am sure your parents do not wish to re-unite with you in the expense of you doing anything wrong. Best of luck to you!!

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
guys, please be a little logical. I am short by a couple of hundred dollars. not making income for the entire amount and my 2019 and 2020 are well above. I just asked if someone here had the same problem. and you are speechless ?????? have I killed anyone.. or raped anyone. I just asked if there is a way for correction.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

What you are suggesting is called tax fraud and is a quite serious crime. You could be flagged for audits for all your previous tax returns and for concern about future tax returns. People don’t suddenly report cash income 3 years later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
guys, please be a little logical. I am short by a couple of hundred dollars. not making income for the entire amount and my 2019 and 2020 are well above. I just asked if someone here had the same problem. and you are speechless ?????? have I killed anyone.. or raped anyone. I just asked if there is a way for correction.
Many people didn’t apply because they didn’t meet the LICO amount even if it was a few dollars. People who apply knowing they don’t meet LICO shouldn’t be applying in the first list. The cut-off amount of very low to begin with so it does matter that you can prove consistently that meet LICO. CRA always gets these sudden cash filings after PGP so they have figured out what people are doing. Lying to CRA is very serious and can lead to a long and very expensive battle.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I understand you have not killed or rape anyone. However, you did not asked to correcct your mistake, but a way to commit a tax fradu, which is a crime in Canada. If anyone ask how to commit a crime on a public platform, then I, and most others, would be speech less.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I have nothing but a good wishes to you. May you unite with your love one soon (seems like it will be sooner than mine).

One thing I have reaized that, one of the reason I, and most like me, are not getting a chance despite the fact that we are/were eligible to sponsor our parents from years, more than 7 years for me, is the people like you. Who are looking at a leagal and correct way to bring our love ones, than otherwise.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Wow! Just Wow!

I expect a flurry of such posts soon where people will claim they're not hitting the cut-offs by a few hundred dollars.
If you don't qualify, don't apply... As simple as that; don't apply in the lottery and then block space from people who are actually eligible.

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
I understand you have not killed or rape anyone. However, you did not asked to correcct your mistake, but a way to commit a tax fradu, which is a crime in Canada. If anyone ask how to commit a crime on a public platform, then I, and most others, would be speech less.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I have nothing but a good wishes to you. May you unite with your love one soon (seems like it will be sooner than mine).

One thing I have reaized that, one of the reason I, and most like me, are not getting a chance despite the fact that we are/were eligible to sponsor our parents from years, more than 7 years for me, is the people like you. Who are looking at a leagal and correct way to bring our love ones, than otherwise.
My friend if I knew that I am short I never applied. also for tax fraud, if I commit it I am a criminal not asking about it from you guys if it is possible to change it.

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
Wow! Just Wow!

I expect a flurry of such posts soon where people will claim they're not hitting the cut-offs by a few hundred dollars.
If you don't qualify, don't apply... As simple as that; don't apply in the lottery and then block space from people who are actually eligible.
I understand your frustration and I wish you guys will also receive the invitation soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand your frustration and I wish you guys will also receive the invitation soon.
My friend if I knew that I am short I never applied. also for tax fraud, if I commit it I am a criminal not asking about it from you guys if it is possible to change it.
They announced the requirements to apply so I’m not sure how you couldn’t know that you didn’t meet LICO. You would have had your NOA2018 when you applied

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
When you submitted your interest to apply back in 2020, you were asked if you meet the income requiremet. You HAD filed your 2018 tax return already. You knew that you didn't meet the requirement but ignored it.
Don't tell me that you didnt' read the guide nor the information and click to mark that you meet the PGP income requirement. (cos there's nothing to loose)