+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Including parent as accompanying dependent

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi there! I am applying for permanent residency under skilled worker class, had passed both the interview and medical, so i guess i will be asked for my passport soon. My problem is i would like to include my mom as my accompanying dependent. I don't have a husband nor a child so she is the only family i got. And she has been my dependent for almost twenty years already. I wrote numerous letter to the embassy requesting for their approval to this matter but they insisted i can only sponsor her once i am landed in Canada. I learned sponsoring may took years before it can be approved.

By the way, i read an article in Attorney Cohen's newsletter stating "Applicants may include close family members as accompanying dependents. This allows issuance of landing documents to such family members at the same time as those of principal applicant." I mentioned this to the visa officer whom i talked to and still he denied my request. Please help! Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mehmeh said:
Hi there! I am applying for permanent residency under skilled worker class, had passed both the interview and medical, so i guess i will be asked for my passport soon. My problem is i would like to include my mom as my accompanying dependent. I don't have a husband nor a child so she is the only family i got. And she has been my dependent for almost twenty years already. I wrote numerous letter to the embassy requesting for their approval to this matter but they insisted i can only sponsor her once i am landed in Canada. I learned sponsoring may took years before it can be approved.

By the way, i read an article in Attorney Cohen's newsletter stating "Applicants may include close family members as accompanying dependents. This allows issuance of landing documents to such family members at the same time as those of principal applicant." I mentioned this to the visa officer whom i talked to and still he denied my request. Please help! Thanks!
You have received the answer from CHC and it was no. So you actually have only 2 choices,remain behind with your mother, or emigrate and once you have reached the LICO in Canada, sponsor her, as you know will take up to 5 years or so.

Sorry can't give you any other advice.

PMM