+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Including Canada born Child in Express Entry?

Apr 22, 2020
Hello Friends, Do we need to include Canada born child in EE profile. If I does, the PR application fees are also added for my baby. Also what kind of Identification document we can provide for the baby as we didn't get Canadian passport since the regular passport services were stopped because of the COVID-19 situations. Is Birth Certificate is sufficient?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello Friends, Do we need to include Canada born child in EE profile. If I does, the PR application fees are also added for my baby. Also what kind of Identification document we can provide for the baby as we didn't get Canadian passport since the regular passport services were stopped because of the COVID-19 situations. Is Birth Certificate is sufficient?
1. No
2. You list the child on the IMM 5406 and include Birth Certificate. Note the child will require a Canadian passport to travel to Canada or a facilitation visa

Apr 22, 2020
Hi

1. No
2. You list the child on the IMM 5406 and include Birth Certificate. Note the child will require a Canadian passport to travel to Canada or a facilitation visa
Thank you.

If I am not including my child, the profile of my child shows 'UnAccompanying' and inside the Personal Details section, it is asking 'Please explain why not(accompanying)'. Shall I explain as 'My child is born in Canada and living in Canada along with me.'

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thank you.

If I am not including my child, the profile of my child shows 'UnAccompanying' and inside the Personal Details section, it is asking 'Please explain why not(accompanying)'. Shall I explain as 'My child is born in Canada and living in Canada along with me.'

1. As per my previous post, the only place your child appears is on the 5406, nowhere else. S/he shouldn't be shown in your profile.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Thank you.

hi, we our on the same both. I gave birth on March and received my ITA last May 28. And same as you ive indicated she is unaccompying as she was born in Canada. My main concerns as well is her passport as it is being required in her profile. Can you give me heads up if you find anything. Thanks

Dec 2, 2019
Hi there,

Hope all are doing good during this pandemic by staying safe by all means!

I have initiated my PR application & got my invite as well. When I initiated the PR application process I didn't have any child but I have 1 now. Child is born in Canada so if I'm not wrong i don't have to apply PR for him since child will be a citizen by birth. What should I do here while updating the family information form online because when I'm trying to update the form its not asking for any citizenship status for the child. After entering his name & relationship status it assumes child needs a PR too & asking me to select I agree to pay RRPF.

I don't know what should I do here. Kindly advise early reply is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Prakash Shankar

hf2020

Sep 2, 2020
Hi, my son was born in Canada and is a Canadian citizen. I have received an ITA and am in the middle of the applications. If I include him in our application, I need to pay for his PR application fees (which he does not need). However, if I do not include him, under his profile it shows "Unaccompanying" and I have to explain why he's not accompanying me under the Personal Details section. Please assist. Thank you.

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Hi, my son was born in Canada and is a Canadian citizen. I have received an ITA and am in the middle of the applications. If I include him in our application, I need to pay for his PR application fees (which he does not need). However, if I do not include him, under his profile it shows "Unaccompanying" and I have to explain why he's not accompanying me under the Personal Details section. Please assist. Thank you.
what did u do

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
You should include him in the application, just choose unaccompanied and add it in your LOE if u want.

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
If i include him in application, he automatically becomes Accompanied, Did you ,mean that i should mention him and not include him,
After you receive the ITA and you accept and filing up you add the child information but choose unaccompanied. There should be a question there that u answer and the system will disassociate the child when the processing starts.

Naz.rg

May 3, 2021
Hi everyone.
I have a one month old girl who was born in Canada so she is a Canadian resident.
We have recieved our ITA and now I am filling the online form. Could you please help me how should I answer to these questions.
1. How many family members do you have? (This includes Alireza Farahi Shalchi, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children
I should mention 3?
2.Will your child accompany you to Canada? Should I answer no or yes?

Does anyone have the same experience?

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Don't include that baby in the application, she is already a Canadian citizen, and it doesn't make any sense to apply PR for her. Just mention her name in the forms when you have to disclosure your family information.

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone.
I have a one month old girl who was born in Canada so she is a Canadian resident.
We have recieved our ITA and now I am filling the online form. Could you please help me how should I answer to these questions.
1. How many family members do you have? (This includes Alireza Farahi Shalchi, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children
I should mention 3?
2.Will your child accompany you to Canada? Should I answer no or yes?

Does anyone have the same experience?
You have to choose that she is unaccompanying you. So choose no.. Upload her birth certificate and they will take her off the application. But once they ask you for your entire family you have to disclose them even if they are Canadian citizens

Imranhumayun

May 7, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Lahore
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018
in PR application form IM0008, do i need to include my Canadian child and mark him not accompanying????

and also in do i need to count him in the question How many family members are included in this application?

Reactions: PR Dreamer