+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Including Canada born Child in Express Entry?

Imranhumayun

May 7, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Lahore
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018
I found the answer in application guide. We must include any family member in application “Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family member, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Imranhumayun

May 7, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Lahore
App. Filed.......
27-06-2018
I found the answer in application guide. We must include any family member in application “Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family member, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

Hi everyone.
I have a one month old girl who was born in Canada so she is a Canadian resident.
We have recieved our ITA and now I am filling the online form. Could you please help me how should I answer to these questions.
1. How many family members do you have? (This includes Alireza Farahi Shalchi, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children
I should mention 3?
2.Will your child accompany you to Canada? Should I answer no or yes?

Does anyone have the same experience?

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Does a Canadian born child name show up in the dependent section of the ecopr? Please let me know.
If you list them as unaccompanied they will not. For Canadian children you need to list them on the form as unaccompanied because they don’t need PR status

duke_007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
If you list them as unaccompanied they will not. For Canadian children you need to list them on the form as unaccompanied because they don’t need PR status
I selected as accompanied and still my Canadian child don’t appear In the ecopr as a dependent.. that is also fine right ?

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
I selected as accompanied and still my Canadian child don’t appear In the ecopr as a dependent.. that is also fine right ?
Did you pay the dependent child processing fee when submitting your eAPR?

I think IRCC is poor at explaining terms on their form. "Unaccompanied" should be clearly marked as "with the application" not "physically". Nevertheless, it is totally fine for your Canadian child's name doesn't appear on your COPR because PR status is meaningless for citizens.

I declared my Canadian children on the PR application as unaccompanied and explained that they are citizens so do not need PR status. IRCC asked for their passports/birth certificate and that's all, no fee paid for them and they were not listed as dependents anywhere.

duke_007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Did you pay the dependent child processing fee when submitting your eAPR?

I think IRCC is poor at explaining terms on their form. "Unaccompanied" should be clearly marked as "with the application" not "physically". Nevertheless, it is totally fine for your Canadian child's name doesn't appear on your COPR because PR status is meaningless for citizens.

I declared my Canadian children on the PR application as unaccompanied and explained that they are citizens so do not need PR status. IRCC asked for their passports/birth certificate and that's all, no fee paid for them and they were not listed as dependents anywhere.
Yes I paid the fees. But I think that is the only difference between accompanied and unaccompanied based on what you explained

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Yes I paid the fees. But I think that is the only difference between accompanied and unaccompanied based on what you explained
I declared my Canadian child as accompanied paid the fees later IRCC reimbursed the 230 CAD fees of my child .
So, nothing to worry at all if you declared accompanied and paid the fees being Canadian citizen they don't require PR. Hence, no eCOPR for child.

duke_007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
I declared my Canadian child as accompanied paid the fees later IRCC reimbursed the 230 CAD fees of my child .
So, nothing to worry at all if you declared accompanied and paid the fees being Canadian citizen they don't require PR. Hence, no eCOPR for child.
Thanks.. and your child’s name is not listed as a dependent in your ecopr right? I assume you are the principal applicant

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Thanks.. and your child’s name is not listed as a dependent in your ecopr right? I assume you are the principal applicant
My PR application is approved currently waiting for my and wife eCOPR but canadian will not get PR as far as I know.

samarshi

Apr 19, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi @Jax fan and @duke_007
I've mentioned my Canadian born as unaccompanied in application and did the process. Also, Canadian born is not on my dependent list in ecoPR.
is it normal. did you have your Canadian born in your ecoPR letter? @Jax fan

samarshi

Apr 19, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Can anyone please share if they have their Canadian born mentioned in their ecoPR under dependents .. for me I only have accompanying dependents not unaccompanied Canadian born! should I be contacting IRCC??

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Hi @Jax fan and @duke_007
I've mentioned my Canadian born as unaccompanied in application and did the process. Also, Canadian born is not on my dependent list in ecoPR.
is it normal. did you have your Canadian born in your ecoPR letter? @Jax fan
My Canadian boy is not on eCoPR.
But I declared my son as accompanied please refer previous comment for more details.
Any reason you mentioned your kid as unaccompanied?

samarshi

Apr 19, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
My Canadian boy is not on eCoPR.
But I declared my son as accompanied please refer previous comment for more details.
Any reason you mentioned your kid as unaccompanied?
thanks for the reply..
I put him as unaccompanied because he is already in Canada and not part of PR application process.. Provided his Canadian Passport and Birth Certificates with LOE.