+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Included photo requirements

GreyWolf88

Oct 8, 2016
Canadian here, applying for family class sponsorship of my Korean wife.

Was wondering if there were any special requirements for photos included in the application package (as extra proof of our relationship).

Do they have to be printed professionally or can they be printed on regular paper at home?

Do they require a date? Context? Timeline or background story?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no special requirement for sending photo as a proof of your relationship.
but you don't need to send everyday pics that only you and your wife in it.

1.pictures from special day/ events : wedding, family gathering with in-laws, anniversary etc.

2. I printed at photo lab in grocery store and wrote simple note on the back of the photo
ex- me and husband, my parents at xx, date.
some members printed on papers, some send actual prints (up to you)

3. believe there is a question on one of forms about history of your relationship, so no need to explain whole background history.

hope it helps.

good luck .

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
GreyWolf88 said:
Canadian here, applying for family class sponsorship of my Korean wife.

Was wondering if there were any special requirements for photos included in the application package (as extra proof of our relationship).

Do they have to be printed professionally or can they be printed on regular paper at home?

We printed ours at Walmart, and then I wrote on the back who was in each photo, and I dated them as well and put the specific location (for instance, all the honeymoon photos went into one envelope, but then I labeled each of those with the location and then the date since it was over several days). I separated the photos into groups by event and then placed them into smaller envelopes, which I labeled with the name of the event/outing and then the date(s). My goal was to make it so that whoever was evaluating our proof of relationship could easily find photos that corresponded with the history/progression of our relationship, if they wanted to match things up that way. All of those envelopes then went into one larger envelope that just contained the pictures. Printing them at home is fine, we just decided that we didn't want to print in black and white on the laser printer and on an inkjet with the amount of pictures we were sending we worried that it would use up a lot of ink and end up costing about the same anyway.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GreyWolf88 said:

The easiest way to organize photos is in Word. It's perfectly fine to print them on regular paper at home.

You can group the photos together by event or time. You don't need a detailed timeline or story. For example, I had a page titled "Thailand 2009"; I didn't bother captioning the photos because it was fairly self-explanatory. I had a page titled "Christmas 2011"; this had a lot pf photos with my family, so I put little captions to say who everyone was.