+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Include spouse after the PR

cyberdemon

May 8, 2019
Dear Friends,
I got married in Apr-2019 and I did soft landing on Feb-2017.I will move permanently on DEC-2019.
What is the process for to include or apply for my wife?What is the processing time?

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Friends,
I got married in Apr-2019 and I did soft landing on Feb-2017.I will move permanently on DEC-2019.
What is the process for to include or apply for my wife?What is the processing time?

Thanks,
You can't include her in your completed app. You will need to sponsor her for PR. This can take up to a year. As a PR, you must be in Canada throughout the process.

cyberdemon

May 8, 2019
You can't include her in your completed app. You will need to sponsor her for PR. This can take up to a year. As a PR, you must be in Canada throughout the process.
Hi Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please share the process or any link to complete the process?

cyberdemon

May 8, 2019
searching CIC website for 'spouse sponsorship' should get you the info.
Thanks for your feedback.Is it mandatory to show the 1year income statement in canada?Does it means I won't be able to sponsor my wife before getting job? Also,I have to wait for 1year after getting the job.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I don't have specific experience for this so take what I say with a pinch of salt (which you should in general for anything on internet).

You are eligible to sponsor a person on day 1 of becoming pr and staying in Canada. But realistically it depends on below factors.

For sponsorships, cic is interested in making sure you have enough funds to comfortably live your life for a period of time (3 years for spouse) in Canada. If you can show enough liquid assets in your balance either in your home country or Canada, show a stable job history, then those will make a convincing case for sponsorship. On the other hand if you are unemployed or availing government support or unable to financially handle life incidents like job loss or divorce, then those would be red flags.

Check cic help articles:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You don’t need to show 1 year of income you just need to show that you have the money to support yourselves without government help.