Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
I am applying outland this month and the package is ready to go. I will be applying as common law as we have been living together for over a year. I have a question about including information about being engaged. We got engaged last October, but due to an ongoing separation, our wedding won't be until next June, but work permit expires in March, so I want to do the outland sponsorship as common law now and hopefully have it by March next year (through Warsaw).

I have been told not to include any information about being engaged and the upcoming wedding as CIC will then just say for us to wait and apply after we are married. I don't want to risk that. I have a great package put together right now, but the only reference to the engagment is showing up on my printout of our Facebook history together. I guess I could exclude the Facebook printout, but I thought I would pick anyone's brains about the "engagement" thing and risk it could cause?

Much appreciated!!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
We applied as common-law, and were engaged at the time. We showed facebook shots of the engagement announcement, pics of her with ring, and explained in the relationship section. And we had no problems getting common-law app approved.

Common-law is a legal status, so a VO should process it as such and not force you to wait until getting married.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Onemoretime said:
I am applying outland this month and the package is ready to go. I will be applying as common law as we have been living together for over a year. I have a question about including information about being engaged. We got engaged last October, but due to an ongoing separation, our wedding won't be until next June, but work permit expires in March, so I want to do the outland sponsorship as common law now and hopefully have it by March next year (through Warsaw).

I have been told not to include any information about being engaged and the upcoming wedding as CIC will then just say for us to wait and apply after we are married. I don't want to risk that. I have a great package put together right now, but the only reference to the engagment is showing up on my printout of our Facebook history together. I guess I could exclude the Facebook printout, but I thought I would pick anyone's brains about the "engagement" thing and risk it could cause?

Much appreciated!!!

CIC can not tell you to wait until you are married

If you have lived together as common law for 1 year then that is what you are applying as.. you don't need to be married

So mentioning your engagement will not have any affect on your application