+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a)

vprasady266

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
We have applied for a visitor visa for our mother-in-law. But just after the biometrics request came in, she fell down which resulted in a broken wrist, she couldn't give her biometrics. I did fill out a webform asking for time. But about 45 days later I got a rejection letter with the following reasons:

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for photographic and fingerprint evidence.
• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

Does rejection under section 41a mean that she will have to wait for 5 years before we can apply for a visitor visa again? Can I explain to them the situation and will it help apply for a visa again?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
We have applied for a visitor visa for our mother-in-law. But just after the biometrics request came in, she fell down which resulted in a broken wrist, she couldn't give her biometrics. I did fill out a webform asking for time. But about 45 days later I got a rejection letter with the following reasons:

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for photographic and fingerprint evidence.
• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

Does rejection under section 41a mean that she will have to wait for 5 years before we can apply for a visitor visa again? Can I explain to them the situation and will it help apply for a visa again?
No, you were not issued a ban unless you were send a doc that says that but I doubt they would in this case. You were refused because you couldn't do the BIO when it was requested. They either didn't see your request or decided not to give you an extension. You can submit another app any time you want to and your mother-in-law is better, make sure you mention the circumstances of the refusal in a LOE.

vprasady266

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
No, you were not issued a ban unless you were send a doc that says that but I doubt they would in this case. You were refused because you couldn't do the BIO when it was requested. They either didn't see your request or decided not to give you an extension. You can submit another app any time you want to and your mother-in-law is better, make sure you mention the circumstances of the refusal in a LOE.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I applied again and got a passport request with final decision saying application was approved. I did attach medical records and photos from the time my mother-in-law was injured, explaining what happened.
It is a big surprise to see the response so fast from IRCC, given the current deterioration of relations between and India and Canada and a reduction in foreign office staff !!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I applied again and got a passport request with final decision saying application was approved. I did attach medical records and photos from the time my mother-in-law was injured, explaining what happened.
It is a big surprise to see the response so fast from IRCC, given the current deterioration of relations between and India and Canada and a reduction in foreign office staff !!
Congrats!!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Congratulations and I would say you were very lucky indeed !!

Jan 17, 2024
Hi,

I got refusal for my mother even though she gave her biometrics for visit visa.

You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for photographic and fingerprint evidence

What should I doin this case!! Can I send email to embassy or anything ?