+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissible because of age

A Ganiu

Nov 16, 2021
My application was refused today based on the reason that I was 22years 3months on the time of submitting my application mean while I got through biometrics, medicals and DNA testing
I am frustrated and don’t know what to do I have been asked to appeal the decision but I don’t know if the appeal will work in favor of me
I even received pre arrival service letter on the 10th of November 2021
Please someone should say something to me
Accra immigration have spoilt my plans

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My application was refused today based on the reason that I was 22years 3months on the time of submitting my application mean while I got through biometrics, medicals and DNA testing
I am frustrated and don’t know what to do I have been asked to appeal the decision but I don’t know if the appeal will work in favor of me
Assume this was for family sponsorship. If you submitted when you were 22 years and 3 months then you were not eligible. Why did you wait until you were not eligible? You can try appealing so get a good immigration lawyer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You were correctly refused so unfortunately an appeal will have an extremely low chance of succeeding. What would be the grounds for that appeal? Your application was received by IRCC after you had turned 22 and you no longer met the requirements to be classified as a dependent child.

The pre-arrival letter is sent out as a standard part of the process and unfortunately is not an indicator of approval.

IRCC hasn't spoiled your plans. The issue is that you sent in your application too late.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't think you are inadmissible because of your age. It's just that you cannot be sponsored as a dependent if you apply after you turned 22.

Your application is correctly refused. If you actually planned this, you didn't plan it correctly. The complete application should have been submitted before your 22th birthday.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

A Ganiu

Nov 16, 2021
The application was first sent in November 6th 2020 before my 22nd birthday but it was returned back to us by the had celebrated my birthday before resubmitting it

so atleast they could’ve atleast had the date for returning the application

wildlaurel

Oct 21, 2021
The application was first sent in November 6th 2020 before my 22nd birthday but it was returned back to us by the had celebrated my birthday before resubmitting it

May we know the reason for return of application?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

What were the reasons for the return of the application? If it was incomplete/documents missing then it can’t be submitted with the date you originally sent it. It is written in IRCC policy and regulations that incomplete applications are refused and returned.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The requirement is for a complete application to be submitted to IRCC before your 22nd birthday.

If your application was returned, that unfortunately means it was incomplete. Dates are not locked in for incomplete applications and when you submitted the second application, it was treated as a brand new application.

What caused the first application to be returned as incomplete?

Reactions: YVR123