+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissble due to misrepresentation. Grnuine mistake while filling out Application form.

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
I have applied for my mother's super visa but there was a genuine mistake when filling out the form. Instead of choosing Yes I ticked on No when asked if she was rejected visa before. However, our intentions were never to hide it as we have clearly mentioned in the Purpose of Entry letter that she had applied for Tourist Visa twice and was rejected. It was simply a mistake while filling out the Application form.
I received the letter from IRCC that if found guilty there would be a 5 year ban.
I am guilty in filling out the form incorrectly but it was just a mistake I was not trying to hide anything.
I have explained it to them via email. Waiting for the response.
Is it highly likely that they will issue a ban on her?

Maemae88

May 17, 2021
Hello there. Sorry to hear that happened to you. You need to provide IRCC with a notarized affidavit where you vow that it was a mistake and in no shape or form were you trying to deceive or lie to the Canadian government. Make sure you choose a commissioner of oath from Canada.

Best of luck!

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
I have applied for my mother's super visa but there was a genuine mistake when filling out the form. Instead of choosing Yes I ticked on No when asked if she was rejected visa before. However, our intentions were never to hide it as we have clearly mentioned in the Purpose of Entry letter that she had applied for Tourist Visa twice and was rejected. It was simply a mistake while filling out the Application form.
I received the letter from IRCC that if found guilty there would be a 5 year ban.
I am guilty in filling out the form incorrectly but it was just a mistake I was not trying to hide anything.
I have explained it to them via email. Waiting for the response.
Is it highly likely that they will issue a ban on her?
did you informed by webform?

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Hello there. Sorry to hear that happened to you. You need to provide IRCC with a notarized affidavit where you vow that it was a mistake and in no shape or form were you trying to deceive or lie to the Canadian government. Make sure you choose a commissioner of oath from Canada.

Best of luck!
Yes. I got the, affidavit signed by commissioner of oath from Canada explaining everthing. I even tried calling them. New Delhi, but they said "by no means can we speak to an Immigration officer in New Delhi" they redirected me to Canadian IRCC. I felt the was weird. Is that normal?
I am still waiting to see if they will email me back but havent heard anything. I am worried they will make their judgement and say "you failed to provide us more info" without giving me an opportunity. Till now Affidavit was the only document that I uploaded in the webform.