+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmisibbilty

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for express entry under CEC, but I am bit worried about the traffic ticked that i got in (Canada) for passing through a red light and I was fined 300$ (I paid the fine already) , will that be recoded on my criminal record and will I be deemed as Inadmissible.

Some one please let me know

Thanks in Advance.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
canada_pr_wanted said:
Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for express entry under CEC, but I am bit worried about the traffic ticked that i got in (Canada) for passing through a red light and I was fined 300$ (I paid the fine already) , will that be recoded on my criminal record and will I be deemed as Inadmissible.

Thanks in Advance.
Inadmissibility due to criminal records is probably due to a more serious crime. You may search for "Inadmissibility" under CIC website. They have official definition of inadmissibility.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Read this link. I know the question is asked by a protected person, but I believe the infraction is the same. http://discuss.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15901

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
specialmary said:
Inadmissibility due to criminal records is probably due to a more serious crime. You may search for "Inadmissibility" under CIC website. They have official definition of inadmissibility.
You may consult with a lawyer. I doubt a traffic ticket will affect your immigration. You may also visit the following document, which define inadmissibility:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf

Sandeep5510

Jun 17, 2015
I think so u r fine with inadmissibility bcoz traffic ticket is not a criminal offence, it's a traffic violation but if u drink and drive and ur blood alcohol level is over 0.05 then u would be treated under criminal offence . So u r good to go and can apply for pr

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
canada_pr_wanted said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance.
The traffic violation is governed by Highway or Motorvehicle act. However, drunk and driving is more of a criminal offence. It may impact your driving history but nothing to do with the immigration.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
The traffic violation is governed by Highway or Motorvehicle act. However, drunk and driving is more of a criminal offence. It may impact your driving history but nothing to do with the immigration.
Agree with doobie. Its nothing to do with immigration. Ticket due to redlight crossing its braking rule not criminal activity. You would be fine in my openion.

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Running through a traffic light is not a criminal activity but yes if you were charged with driving rash with 40kmph above the speed limit then you could have a criminal charge. So, be safe next time as some of the traffic rules also have a criminal record associated with them.

So, you can chill for now.. !!

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
gary.bhanot said:
Running through a traffic light is not a criminal activity but yes if you were charged with driving rash with 40kmph above the speed limit then you could have a criminal charge. So, be safe next time as some of the traffic rules also have a criminal record associated with them.

So, you can chill for now.. !!
Even in that case they give you a ticket, pound your car, and suspend your license for 7 days. Nothing criminal about it.

gakki_prpr

Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my acquaintances gets a ticket every two weeks for the first 3 months driving. He was not a permanent resident at that time but now he is. Good luck.