+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In University on a visitor visa awaiting my study permit

mimi_s

Feb 27, 2017
I am in such a peculiar situation! Please help, my sister lives in Canada so i have a valid visitors visa expiring on april 2019. On holiday with my mum to the USA, i got an offer to study my 4 years program in Canada, since i was already in the states i applied for my study permit.
Currently: The school allowed me to start classes since i already have an active study permit application and i a valid document to remain in Canada (visitors visa) I was also told that i can study up to 6 months whilke the process is on.

I got the saddest news yesterday saying that my application has been declined:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Now I have to re-apply and don't know what to do, should I drop out this semester, defer my admission till January and go home to Nigeria and re-apply. Or should i complete this semester, go home to nigeria and re-apply. What am i options am i in breach of my visa as i am studying even though its been under six months? HELP ME PLEASE, I AM JUST A 17YEAR OLD TRYING TO GET A DEGREE AND GO HOME TO WORK FOR MY FAMILY BUSINESS.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in such a peculiar situation! Please help, my sister lives in Canada so i have a valid visitors visa expiring on april 2019. On holiday with my mum to the USA, i got an offer to study my 4 years program in Canada, since i was already in the states i applied for my study permit.
Currently: The school allowed me to start classes since i already have an active study permit application and i a valid document to remain in Canada (visitors visa) I was also told that i can study up to 6 months whilke the process is on.

I got the saddest news yesterday saying that my application has been declined:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Now I have to re-apply and don't know what to do, should I drop out this semester, defer my admission till January and go home to Nigeria and re-apply. Or should i complete this semester, go home to nigeria and re-apply. What am i options am i in breach of my visa as i am studying even though its been under six months? HELP ME PLEASE, I AM JUST A 17YEAR OLD TRYING TO GET A DEGREE AND GO HOME TO WORK FOR MY FAMILY BUSINESS.
First of all, you are currently studying illegally and are in violation of your visitor status in Canada. You are not allowed to start your studies until your study permit is approved. You can study a program that is up to six months long without a study permit. However the entire duration of the program must be six months or less. Your program is four years. So it's mandatory to have an approved study permit before you begin classes. So yes - you are in breach of your visa.

Yes - you need to drop this semester and stop attending school immediately before you rack up any further time studying illegally. The longer you study illegally, the more difficult it will be to obtain an approved study permit later.

My recommendation is that you stop studying immediately, return home and wait until the May semester to reapply.