+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Trouble regarding investor visa quebec

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
plz help me on this need expert advise
My Father has applied for investor visa quebec about years ago... Now after clearing the interview and paying the fee of govt
We r on second last step waiting for medical. BUT as i am 22 yrs above i need to regualr my studies to get visa
I complete my study in mech engg Btech from Punjab Technical University in sep last year 2014

As my agent said that year visa is coming so i didnt take admission further
Now they r saying i shd have addmission in rwgular coarse.

Now the batch start for Master in June July Aug. .. But i may have face with immigration in few weeks.
They will ask for study during this 6 month gap.

What should i do? Private coarse for 6 or 12 month r like not eligibal for embasyy?
please help how can i show regular can i join some other coarse smthg? plz advice
As soon as possible

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nawabsaab said:
plz help me on this need expert advise
My Father has applied for investor visa quebec about years ago... Now after clearing the interview and paying the fee of govt
We r on second last step waiting for medical. BUT as i am 22 yrs above i need to regualr my studies to get visa
I complete my study in mech engg Btech from Punjab Technical University in sep last year 2014

As my agent said that year visa is coming so i didnt take admission further
Now they r saying i shd have addmission in rwgular coarse.

Now the batch start for Master in June July Aug. .. But i may have face with immigration in few weeks.
They will ask for study during this 6 month gap.

What should i do? Private coarse for 6 or 12 month r like not eligibal for embasyy?
please help how can i show regular can i join some other coarse smthg? plz advice
As soon as possible
I am really surprised that your lawyer never informed about this situation.
One of my known friend was in similar situation that his son was over the age and
his lawyer had very clearly told him that make sure that you son is studying or
can prove that he is in college and my friend made sure of that.

I am assuming you are either from India or Pakistan and I am sure you can go to
some university not main cities but in smaller cities which are recognized and if you
pay them full year tuition fee then they will give you certificate that you are still
in college.

This is going to be nightmare that after such long period of waiting and struggling
you cannot get through.

All the best and god bless !!

Viz

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Yes bro i m from CHANDIGARH
Bro i hve complete in sep nw its jan
Its like 6 month i dnt knw whr and what kind of study i shd join
Becoz under university thy rarely do back date in middle of session
Can u ask him n tell me plzz
Which city u belongs to bro?

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Any gap more than 6 months is termed SIGNIFICANT

You have to justify that you were busy during that time... or justify why you were not studying (medical ailment, family problems, etc)

My dependent had gap of 3 to 4 months. They never asked me straight away. The issue was that she was studying in a college which was not govt. approved at that time. I found that out from GCMS notes.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nawabsaab said:
Yes bro i m from CHANDIGARH
Bro i hve complete in sep nw its jan
Its like 6 month i dnt knw whr and what kind of study i shd join
Becoz under university thy rarely do back date in middle of session
Can u ask him n tell me plzz
Which city u belongs to bro?
Strongly suggest that you push you lawyer and ask him how can you get out of this mess
and like other friend suggested to see if you can show some excuse but get it clarified from
your lawyer.

This is really a very big mess but do check all the options and don't worry everything should
be ok.

God bless!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nawabsaab said:
How old were you when your father actually submitted the PR app?

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
XpressEnterprise said:

You have to justify that you were busy during that time... or justify why you were not studying (medical ailment, family problems, etc)

My dependent had gap of 3 to 4 months. They never asked me straight away. The issue wad that she was studying in a college which was not govt. approved at that time. I found that out from GCMS notes.
thx what is gcms? i didnt get thisss

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
How old were you when your father actually submitted the PR app?
Father applied like 4 years ago may be 5
I am 24 years old d.o.b 1991
Last year in feb we go for interview
And this feb may b we get medical eetc

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
XpressEnterprise said:

My dependent had gap of 3 to 4 months. They never asked me straight away. The issue wad that she was studying in a college which was not govt. approved at that time. I found that out from GCMS notes.
i actually comolete in last september
Well its little relief...can u tell me hw old was he what he was doing and like last year the embassy became more aggressive in these things

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
vizsagar said:
Strongly suggest that you push you lawyer and ask him how can you get out of this mess
and like other friend suggested to see if you can show some excuse but get it clarified from
your lawyer.

This is really a very big mess but do check all the options and don't worry everything should
be ok.

God bless!!!
Well i have told her but she dont knw anythg. ...probably dumb
Bro u said that one of your friend was in same situation can u please ask him
Which university he used that time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nawabsaab said:
Father applied like 4 years ago may be 5
I am 24 years old d.o.b 1991
Last year in feb we go for interview
And this feb may b we get medical eetc
As you were under 22 years old when the app was submitted, you were locked in as a Type A dependent and are not required to continue studying. The only restriction on you is that you cannot marry or become common-law.

nawabsaab

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
As you were under 22 years old when the app was submitted, you were locked in as a Type A dependent and are not required to continue studying. The only restriction on you is that you cannot marry or become common-law.
ya bro but after 22 u need to keep study to be dependent.... As they r enquiring in colleges etc every where for the dependant above 22.... Even they ask fr my study papera again n again....
i dont knw they ll accept private education or smthg

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nawabsaab said:
ya bro but after 22 u need to keep study to be dependent.... As they r enquiring in colleges etc every where for the dependant above 22.... Even they ask fr my study papera again n again....
i dont knw they ll accept private education or smthg
I'm not a bro and no, a dependent who was locked in as Type A when the app was submitted DOES NOT have to remain in school. Only Type B dependents, those who were ALREADY 22 or older when the app was submitted, must remain in school.

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
I'm not a bro and no, a dependent who was locked in as Type A when the app was submitted DOES NOT have to remain in school. Only Type B dependents, those who were ALREADY 22 or older when the app was submitted, must remain in school.
Guys

My lawyer from beginning had told us to ensure that my son is in college once
he turns 18+ and same for my friend as well.

For my son's case and my friend's case he had told us very clearly to ensure that
our kids are in college. My Son who is 19 was anyways in college in Dubai for 1st
year then I sent him to Quebec from 2nd year to continue his studies as we want
to settle down in Quebec itself.

In my friend's case his son had already completed his graduation here in Dubai
so he started his MBA course so that he can show that he is studying as he is
above 22 years of age.

I am not a lawyer and neither know it clearly about this issue but I am just letting
you know what my lawyer said and we followed it to avoid getting into situation
like this.

Best of luck & God bless!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vizsagar said:
My lawyer from beginning had told us to ensure that my son is in college once
he turns 18+ and same for my friend as well.
Your lawyer is an idiot. Read OP 2 Processing members of the family class - sections 5.4 and 5.13, and the following threads.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/type-b-dependent-child-t187295.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dependent-child-turning-22-t126990.0.html