+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In the last 10 years, work experience

lgladding

Jul 30, 2019
Hi there,
I have a question with regards to the 'Find out if you're eligible to apply' questionnaire.
When it asks about skilled experience in the past 10 years, I have a couple of years of experience as a line cook in the UK, however this was a couple of years ago, and I have worked other jobs since then, such as a server in Canada for my first year, and then a line cook again in Canada since January this year, because I haven't been working in the kitchen continuously, can I still use those 2 or so years from when I was back in the UK?

thank you for your time
Lgladding

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi there,
I have a question with regards to the 'Find out if you're eligible to apply' questionnaire.
When it asks about skilled experience in the past 10 years, I have a couple of years of experience as a line cook in the UK, however this was a couple of years ago, and I have worked other jobs since then, such as a server in Canada for my first year, and then a line cook again in Canada since January this year, because I haven't been working in the kitchen continuously, can I still use those 2 or so years from when I was back in the UK?
As long as they skilled and you can prove it (provide required documentation), why not? You will get more CRS points if you have foreign work experience in addition to Canadian experience.