+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In study permit should I mention that my brother is in Canada or not?

DEVANSH_PATEL

Jun 21, 2020
Hi guys,

I am applying for Study Permit and I want to know that is it mandatory to add brother details while applying for Study Permit?

I personally don't want to mention any details of my brother because if I do so then I will not have any strong ties in india apart from my parents.

Does IRCC do background check and search my parents name on their database?

Please advise what to do in this case .

Thanks in advance

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I personally don't want to mention any details of my brother because if I do so then I will not have any strong ties in india apart from my parents.
It doesn't matter what you want to do. You are required by law to truthfully complete your application, and if you don't you may be banned from Canada for misrepresentation.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So you don't want to be honest about your application? Ofcourse you have to give all the details.

putkarshh

Oct 1, 2020
My brother is in Canada he finished his studies in may2020 and has received his PGWP and now working in a company. So what are my chances on getting Study permit? As my brother also landed in Canada on study permit but stayed for longer time now. Will it affect my Study permit application?

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
It most likely wouldn’t, he is still on TRV. My brother and sister Also received PGWP and in my GCMS note my eligibility was passed. I guess it can be used as a factor to decide on your approval.

Reactions: putkarshh

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
You definitely absolutely should not hide info or lie. Never do that in any legal scenario. It is never worth it.

Aditya2310

Feb 14, 2020
But where to mention bacause if ur applying from India ..u have to fill IMM5707 family information form..which doesn't ask for ur siblings details.

Reactions: Qwerty098

Aditya2310

Feb 14, 2020
For TRV I think you have to fill up IMM5645 form where u have to mention sibling details. Not Sure though :)
I filled IMM5707 form and I already got my aip( waiting for 2 stage) and also on CIC website u can check document checklist for indian applicant...which shows 5707 form.

Reactions: Qwerty098

putkarshh

Oct 1, 2020
I filled IMM5707 form and I already got my aip( waiting for 2 stage) and also on CIC website u can check document checklist for indian applicant...which shows 5707 form.
i saw form imm5707 on second page it is given that for TRV fill up Addition family information form imm5645 . BTW congratulations brother on AIP

Reactions: Aditya2310