+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In serious Trouble

Bhavdeepsindha

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Last month Got my LOA for ug diploma in conestoga, For Electrical Eng Technician and past week i paid my deposit for the seat confirmation i.e 1500$
And now i feel i hve jeopardised My prospects because i now intend to Go for A graduate certificate program in Applied renewable energy management as i already have a Bachelor’s degree getting into UG would be stepping low
Question is !!
Can i Now apply for Graduate program at same clg ie Conestoga and transfer my Deposit to that course after getting admission?? Plzz help anyone

Bhavdeepsindha

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Last time I sent mail to Conestoga college, it took them 1.5 weeks to reply to me for a simple refund question.
You can check on the website of the college to see if there is any form or process to change program.
Theres none In my Opinion i went through almost all the feeds and then Submitted this thread in hope any expert Could Realte with my query

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Theres none In my Opinion i went through almost all the feeds and then Submitted this thread in hope any expert Could Realte with my query
Well, I'm not expert but while you are waiting for official reply from the school. Here all the info I found on Conestoga website.
Based on it, it looks like you will need to withdraw from your current program then re-apply for a new program.
- You will surely loose $200 of administrative/application fee for first program
- You will loose another $200 to re-apply
- $1500 deposit is non-refundable after deposit due date (not sure when?), but I think you may try to ask to transfer deposit to new program after you get in (this all depends on the school, you will likely need to communicate back and forth)
Also, there is a risk that you won't got accept in new program. And if you are applying for May intake, it will probably take 2 weeks ~ 1 months to process all over again so you will be late for everything.
Again, that's all my speculation. If you can already log in to school portal, try to look if there is email of study counselor, he/she may answer to your question faster than school department.

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/admissions/applying-to-conestoga
Q. Can I change my program after I accept?
You can only accept one offer of admission at a time. After you've accepted the offer, you can change your decision and accept a different offer after one business day. This action will cancel the previous acceptance and other colleges will be informed that you chose Conestoga.

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/how-to-apply/international-fees#refund
Withdrawal within 10 business days of the beginning of a term or the beginning of the period for which the student paid fees in the case of a non-term or continuous intake program of instruction, the student shall receive:

• a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the term less a $200 administrative fee if withdrawal is made prior to the non-refundable deposit due date.
  • a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the term or program less the non-refundable deposit if withdrawal is made after the deposit due date *or if withdrawal is made after a deferral admission had been given.

Reactions: Bhavdeepsindha

Bhavdeepsindha

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Well, I'm not expert but while you are waiting for official reply from the school. Here all the info I found on Conestoga website.
Based on it, it looks like you will need to withdraw from your current program then re-apply for a new program.
- You will surely loose $200 of administrative/application fee for first program
- You will loose another $200 to re-apply
- $1500 deposit is non-refundable after deposit due date (not sure when?), but I think you may try to ask to transfer deposit to new program after you get in (this all depends on the school, you will likely need to communicate back and forth)
Also, there is a risk that you won't got accept in new program. And if you are applying for May intake, it will probably take 2 weeks ~ 1 months to process all over again so you will be late for everything.
Again, that's all my speculation. If you can already log in to school portal, try to look if there is email of study counselor, he/she may answer to your question faster than school department.

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/admissions/applying-to-conestoga
Q. Can I change my program after I accept?
You can only accept one offer of admission at a time. After you've accepted the offer, you can change your decision and accept a different offer after one business day. This action will cancel the previous acceptance and other colleges will be informed that you chose Conestoga.

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/how-to-apply/international-fees#refund
Withdrawal within 10 business days of the beginning of a term or the beginning of the period for which the student paid fees in the case of a non-term or continuous intake program of instruction, the student shall receive:

• a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the term less a $200 administrative fee if withdrawal is made prior to the non-refundable deposit due date.
  • a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the term or program less the non-refundable deposit if withdrawal is made after the deposit due date *or if withdrawal is made after a deferral admission had been given.
Thanks alot.
ill Initiate my efforts To contact Student counsellor asap, I hope i could change