+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in processs

L

limanoid

Okay, I know this is probably a hugely asked question here.. I am sponsoring my husband from Peru. Yesterday, they updated ECas saying "We started processing XXXXXXX's application on August 24, 2011." The "due date" on the gmcs (or gcms?) notes said October 13 2011, which is almost a year to the date since Lima got the file.

Anyway, is this update a good thing, like "OH MY GOD HE WILL BE CONTACTED SOON" type of thing? Or is it just... "they started processing it and it MAY take awhile" type of thing? Could it be that they literally only started the police searches, and all that background checking now?

L

limanoid

Though I wonder if I shouldn't be too excited since another post has something similar going on where they double post the names like so and the info was updated:

Sponsored person Sponsorship status PR Status

XXXXXXXXX Decision made In Process
XXXXXXXXX In Process In Process

SANDY2010

Aug 28, 2011
limanoid said:
Though I wonder if I shouldn't be too excited since another post has something similar going on where they double post the names like so and the info was updated:

Sponsored person Sponsorship status PR Status

XXXXXXXXX Decision made In Process
XXXXXXXXX In Process In Process

Hi, at least you can see your status, I cant. Its frustrating...grrr
Im Colombian and my husband is Canadian, we applied on December 2010 on Mississauga, he was approved as my sponsor so the papers where sent to Bogota, Colombia...then I got a letter (brown envelope with the labels inside) on April this year asking me to pay de DEFENSE SYSTEMS COLOMBIA fee(COL$40.000) I did it, after that I havent received any information and I dont know what to do...

L

limanoid

Well, my husband's application only changed to "in process" about 4 months in. In the comments all they had wrote was that they had received his application for PR. Then they only wrote that they are processing his application after having the application for about 10 months (which is 11 months since we've started this whole thing)... So we are not really that lucky, we've just been waiting longer... ;)

Anyway, I am hoping this whole thing isn't a glitch with Ecas and hopefully somebody has a clue as to what it means....

SANDY2010 said:
Hi, at least you can see your status, I cant. Its frustrating...grrr
Im Colombian and my husband is Canadian, we applied on December 2010 on Mississauga, he was approved as my sponsor so the papers where sent to Bogota, Colombia...then I got a letter (brown envelope with the labels inside) on April this year asking me to pay de DEFENSE SYSTEMS COLOMBIA fee(COL$40.000) I did it, after that I havent received any information and I dont know what to do...

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
Wow I don t' know what to say about that one. Ours changed to In Process right when they got the application back in January 2010, but hey we are going into 2 YEARS !!!! and can't get ANY answers from the embassy. Status update request were sent twice by e-mail, once by fax and NOTHING !!!

I spoke with the depute last week and said he would contact them and expected to get answer within 1 to 5 working days... and well... nothing has happend so far and it is going to be 5 days tomorrow...

Limanoid let me know how it is going for you when you have a chance :)

Sara