Waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not landed yet
Friends,

My status was changed from 'Received by Visa Office' to 'In Process' today. My application was transferred to Seattle 45 days ago. What does 'in process' indicate and when can I expect to receive medicals? Regards..

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Congrats!!!

In Process means you are good to go for
- Medical
- Security check
- Final Review
- PPR

I think people get medical request with in a month or earlier.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
kris32 said:
Friends,

My status was changed from 'Received by Visa Office' to 'In Process' today. My application was transferred to Seattle 45 days ago. What does 'in process' indicate and when can I expect to receive medicals? Regards..
congratulations!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kris32 said:
Friends,

In process means that the Visa office has reviewed the application and supporting documents and deemed it is eligible for processing (congrats!). Now they are starting to process it. For all the details take a look at OP6*, but basically they now will be reviewing the documents to verify validity and confirm that you have 67 points. Once they determine you do meet the 67 point bar, they will proceed with other aspects (medical, security clearance, etc).

* OP-6 is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

kris32

Feb 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
Doc's Request.
30 June 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-2-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Seattle - 14 June 2010
Med's Request
30 June 2010
Med's Done....
15 September 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not landed yet
Thank you all very much for responding!

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Ohcanadiana,
I have read your answer from above, please could you help to explain to me. My application has been for a long time and they do not update my E.case, so i decided to write an e.mail to the visa officer.

The following day, he wrote me a short mail that your file is being processed. Please what does it mean? I am so tensed.

Thanks and waiting for your explanation.

Canadaforall.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
kris32 said:
Friends,

You can expect your medicals in one ore two weeks!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kris32 said:
Friends,

Your medical is on the way. Congratulaton!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
Hi Ohcanadiana,
I have read your answer from above, please could you help to explain to me. My application has been for a long time and they do not update my E.case, so i decided to write an e.mail to the visa officer.

The following day, he wrote me a short mail that your file is being processed. Please what does it mean? I am so tensed.

Thanks and waiting for your explanation.

Canadaforall.

First, relax. The Embassy has a lot of steps they need to take to review your application and all the others they have.

1) Receive your application

2) Check for eligibility
For every application they receive, the first thing the visa office has to do is ensure that the application is complete per the regulations and that the CIO did indeed tell the applicant to send it to them. Here, they are just checking that all the forms are there - they don't look at anything in detail yet. If the application is complete, the visa office has determines that it is eligible for processing by them and put it in the queue for a detailed review (based on the received date). In this case, the visa office also "pulls" the file from the CIO to the visa office.

If the application does not seem to be complete - depending on what is missing - the visa office will either send the application back to you or send you a request additional documents. If it is, they move on to send the AOR.

3) Send AOR
If the visa office determines that the file is complete and from a cursory review they have all the documents, then they will send you a letter (or e-mail) acknowledging receipt (on this forum known as the 2nd AOR).

4) Review application
Once your turn is reached in the queue for the detailed review, ecase status will change to "IN PROCESS"

This is a long step with many sub-steps. In essence, a consular officer will check the details of your application to check whether you meet the 67 points. They will also check validity of all the documents you sent, verify the documents (e.g., by making calls or visiting people and places), and determine if they need to interview you. If additional documents are needed in any of the steps, they will contact you. Otherwise, they will just check each of the categories that give points (education, language, work experience, etc).

Once the 67 points are met, then they will move on to other steps including medicals and background check. This takes time because you need to get medical tests done, etc.

5) Decision is made
A decision is made when all the above is completed and you are approved, or when they decide that applicant does not qualify and should be rejected.

This is just a short summary of some elements of the procedure outlined in OP6. Hope it helps you see that it is a very long process with many steps that the visa office has to go through for each application. So, it's a good thing you are in process! They have no questions so far and your application is going step by step. You've done the hard part that involves work by putting the application together; now it's about the hard part of waiting.

Hope that helps, canadaforall.

MathCanada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Hi Pasi / OhCanadiana,

My application has the following tracking:

1) Application transferred to New York (NYC) from Buffalo on April 27, 2010.
2) The current status as of July 03, 2010 is "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 24, 2010."

I have 2 questions:
a) I am little nervous as some people have got rejection too after this stage. I am probably googling too much. Any thoughts?
b) Does the medical request come through post mail or email? I am away from my residence for the summer and am worried that my postal mails might be lost.

Thanks for you help,
MathCanada

MathCanada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
I think OhCanadiana has answered (a) in detail earlier. I far as I get it, rejections can happen after status changes to "In Process".

Some reply on (b) would be great!

Thanks,
MathCanada

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MathCanada said:
I think OhCanadiana has answered (a) in detail earlier. I far as I get it, rejections can happen after status changes to "In Process".

Some reply on (b) would be great!

Thanks,
MathCanada
(a) Yes, rejections can happen all the way through to the end. But, don't worry yourself from too much searching. If you meet the 67 points and you know all your documents are legitimate then things in all likelihood will work out alright ... just give the process time to work. Try to relax in the meantime.

(b) How the visa office communicates with you depends on your visa office and the preferences you have elected for communication. Can someone check your mail for you in your absence?

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi OhCanadianan and other memebers,

Thanks very much for the quick response . I will just sit and wait for them to do their job.
Before i sent in my full application, i had completed course work for a Master's Degree and this June i have graduated. I know i can update them by sending notarized certificate and transcripts in sealed envelop. I have applied , but because it is holiday it will take a little bit of time.

My question is can i fax or scan the documents and send by e.mail to the visa office and then send the notarized certificate and officaial transcript later later.

Thanks very much.

Canadaforall.

MathCanada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Thanks a lot OhCanadiana for the reply!

I get the answer for (a) .

For (b), I checked in IMM 008 form and there I have mentioned the email address besides the mailing address. In the past I have recieved all communication by email so I guess I should be okay?

I do have a housemate and I have asked him to be careful but he is usually very sloppy with postal mails :(

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
Hi OhCanadianan and other memebers,

Thanks very much for the quick response . I will just sit and wait for them to do their job.
Before i sent in my full application, i had completed course work for a Master's Degree and this June i have graduated. I know i can update them by sending notarized certificate and transcripts in sealed envelop. I have applied , but because it is holiday it will take a little bit of time.

My question is can i fax or scan the documents and send by e.mail to the visa office and then send the notarized certificate and officaial transcript later later.

Thanks very much.

Canadaforall.

You can send them an scanned version through the case specific enquiry form on their web site:

1) Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp
2) Click on your visa office
3) Scroll down and click on the link to the right of "case specific enquiry"
4) Follow instructions through disclaimer, consent, security test, and then you'll get a form with the ability to upload the scanned version of your degree (and a cover letter if you want)
5) Submit :)