+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"In process" and pre arrival services email

RedRider

Dec 28, 2017
I applied for an inland spousal sponsorship on October 27 2016. The app was sent to Mississauga. Right away the CIC online services listed that they received my application on that date and that my medical results were received.

In January of 2017 I received an email requesting I re-submit a couple of forms that we had filled out incorrectly. I did so. They received them in February 2017. I haven't heard a peep until now.

On December 21st 2017 I received an email offering me pre-arrival services. I decided to check my application online just in case there was any change. A third line had been added.

Now it reads:

1.) Application received as if October 27 2016.
2.) We started processing your application as of December 21 2017.
3.) Medical results have been received.

Additionally my husband has been approved to be my sponsor.

So what does it all mean, if anything? I was pretty excited but don't want to get my hopes up too much. P.s. I am new to this site and not acquainted with all the abbreviations. My apologies.

I haven't been home to Michigan in over two years. We booked plane tickets for June. Stepped out in faith. Hoping I will have PR by then or those tickets will go to waste. Plus I'm super home sick. Is there good news for me around the corner?

Last edited:
Reactions: canuser

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I applied for an inland spousal sponsorship on October 27 2016. The app was sent to Mississauga. Right away the CIC online services listed that they received my application on that date and that my medical results were received.

In January of 2017 I received an email requesting I re-submit a couple of forms that we had filled out incorrectly. I did so. They received them in February 2017. I haven't heard a peep until now.

On December 21st 2017 I received an email offering me pre-arrival services. I decided to check my application online just in case there was any change. A third line had been added.

Now it reads:

1.) Application received as if October 27 2016.
2.) We started processing your application as of December 21 2017.
3.) Medical results have been received.

Additionally my husband has been approved to be my sponsor.

So what does it all mean, if anything? I was pretty excited but don't want to get my hopes up too much. P.s. I am new to this site and not acquainted with all the abbreviations. My apologies.

I haven't been home to Michigan in over two years. We booked plane tickets for June. Stepped out in faith. Hoping I will have PR by then or those tickets will go to waste. Plus I'm super home sick. Is there good news for me around the corner?
Nobody can really say. It seems that they are now at least actively looking at your case (not before time given you sent it in October 2016!!).

I would have thought your June 2018 date would be pretty 'safe' though!

it seems fairly normal that nothing seems to happen for months, then when thing do start moving, it all comes together in a few weeks - fingers crossed for you!

RedRider

Dec 28, 2017
Nobody can really say. It seems that they are now at least actively looking at your case (not before time given you sent it in October 2016!!).

I would have thought your June 2018 date would be pretty 'safe' though!

it seems fairly normal that nothing seems to happen for months, then when thing do start moving, it all comes together in a few weeks - fingers crossed for you!
Thanks for the input. Sure am looking forward to seeing my family again.