+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-person SIN application in Vancouver?

Angela CM

Nov 15, 2022
I just got my on Monday. I went to the office in Richmond. They open at 8:30am and I was there 7:30am to be in line (yes, there was already a line outside the door). I was third in line. When it reached pass 8 o’clock the line has probably 10+people.
After they opened, I waited inside for about another 30 minutes. The actual process time was about 10 minutes for me. It really depends on how many people are in front of you. I was third in line.
That day there was only one officer doing SIN card… so the more people in front of you, the more you wait, especially if someone before you needs to take up a lot of time.
My suggestion is to go wait in line before they open. One hour of waiting outside is better than 3+ hours of waiting inside. Or maybe you will have better luck that they have more than one officer lol
And remember, if you see multiple lines, ask! There were lines for different purposes. Even if you think you only see one line, walk to the door and make sure. You might only see one line because people in line are blocking your view from seeing the other lines.
Good luck.

Reactions: feanor13