+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In need of info about needing a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) to enter Canada

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
I was given an exclusion order and i remember getting the certificate of departure once i was back in the states but ive lost it, i didnt know i was going to need it to cross the border 12 months later. Im a bit confused on how to get a replacement, there's no actual application to print and fill out. It just says complete the application parts A,B and C then there's questions. Am i just supposed to type something up? Or is there an actual application i can print out? I really appreciate any help you can give me, cause my plan was to visit my wife in Canada YESTERDAY but cause of this whole certificate of departure thing ive had to delay my visit
Did u applied for ARC?

Beaudry-Clark

Mar 19, 2019
Reactions: Eveslm

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Ok thank you! I finally found the right application.
Please mention the time for this application as i am in the same boat too.

Please tell me we are not allowed to enter canada without this certificate even if the exclusion order expires??

The immigration officer didnt gave me departure certificate when i was leaving canada.

I have boarding pass with me , so will this be okay to show at the border or to immigration officer??

The one year wait is a long wait. And on thop of it these kind of things are even worse.

When you will apply this then please let us all know the time it took for you to get yhis certificate. Please also mention the interigation session with the immigration officer after landing in canada.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Please mention the time for this application as i am in the same boat too.

Please tell me we are not allowed to enter canada without this certificate even if the exclusion order expires??

The immigration officer didnt gave me departure certificate when i was leaving canada.

I have boarding pass with me , so will this be okay to show at the border or to immigration officer??

The one year wait is a long wait. And on thop of it these kind of things are even worse.

When you will apply this then please let us all know the time it took for you to get yhis certificate. Please also mention the interigation session with the immigration officer after landing in canada.
In another post you are asking about ATC. May be you can be more specific about your situation to get more specific responses

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
In another post you are asking about ATC. May be you can be more specific about your situation to get more specific responses
So my situation is:
My inland PR Was applied in June 2018 i ordered an exclusion order in October 2018 for one year. So i am just surfing these threads so i can get a good idea of all this. My nationality is indian and i live in states right now. After exclusion order i left canada and come to states.
I applied for ARC in february 2019 in canadian embassy in usa.
Hoping to get ARC and PR approved so i can go back to canada and join my husband.
If anyone can help me out with the process and time details.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So my situation is:
My inland PR Was applied in June 2018 i ordered an exclusion order in October 2018 for one year. So i am just surfing these threads so i can get a good idea of all this. My nationality is indian and i live in states right now. After exclusion order i left canada and come to states.
Hoping to get ARC and PR approved so i can go back to canada and join my husband.
It is my understanding that if you were given an exclusion order and 12 months have passed you don't need and ARC, you need to have you COD and if lost then you can apply for a VOS as it was suggested to Beaudry-Clark in this thread.

However i find your situation somewhat complex because you left Canada while your inland PR is in process. An inland application requires you to be in Canada. May be your husband can call CIC to enquire about your application?..note if they know you have left Canada and probably for a long time (not vacation etc) your application might be cancelled.

I have read of others who were given an exclusion order with a an Inland PR but did not leave they were reporting to CBSA from time to time. Try to search for exclusion order in the forum search area and read other's experience. I do not have much knowledge on this, you can try to reach out for more exprienced members like @Bryanna and @canuck_in_uk

All the best

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
It is my understanding that if you were given an exclusion order and 12 months have passed you don't need and ARC, you need to have you COD and if lost then you can apply for a VOS as it was suggested to Beaudry-Clark in this thread.

However i find your situation somewhat complex because you left Canada while your inland PR is in process. An inland application requires you to be in Canada. May be your husband can call CIC to enquire about your application?..note if they know you have left Canada and probably for a long time (not vacation etc) your application might be cancelled.

I have read of others who were given an exclusion order with a an Inland PR but did not leave they were reporting to CBSA from time to time. Try to search for exclusion order in the forum search area and read other's experience. I do not have much knowledge on this, you can try to reach out for more exprienced members like @Bryanna and @canuck_in_uk

All the best
Thank you . I applied for arc but i didnt get any response back. Any idea on that??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So my situation is:
You shouldn't have left. There is little chance of the ARC being approved while the Exclusion Order is active. You can expect your inland PR app to be refused, as you no longer qualify.

You should withdraw your inland app and reapply outland.

Reactions: YVR123 and Eveslm

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
You shouldn't have left. There is little chance of the ARC being approved while the Exclusion Order is active. You can expect your inland PR app to be refused, as you no longer qualify.

You should withdraw your inland app and reapply outland.
To apply outland can i do that even if exclusion order is active

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
To apply outland can i do that even if exclusion order is active
You could apply but the app won't be approved while the Exclusion Order is active. If processing finishes before, it require an ARC, which will add many months.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Does anyone know why a VO might request proof of departure from Canada while on a refugee status?
Spousal sponsorship application is being processed outside Canada.

Jayden27

Feb 7, 2024
Guys I was given a deportation order in 2018 and I was asked to do the PRA and it was refused in 2021 all that time I was inside Canada after my PRA was refused I got deported with an Exclusion order I do have my Certificate of Departure it’s been 3years since I left now I want to go back do I need the ARC..???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys I was given a deportation order in 2018 and I was asked to do the PRA and it was refused in 2021 all that time I was inside Canada after my PRA was refused I got deported with an Exclusion order I do have my Certificate of Departure it’s been 3years since I left now I want to go back do I need the ARC..???
Yes, you would need an ARC if you were deported.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.