+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In need of info about needing a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) to enter Canada

Beaudry-Clark

Mar 19, 2019
I was deported from Canada 12 months ago on an Exclusion Order, was told after the year was up i'd be able to finally go visit my Wife of 13 years who I havent seen for this whole year. Did some research and apparently im going to need this 'Certificate of Departure' showing the date I left Canada. My wife and I have been trying to call and talk to somebody who knows anything about any of this stuff. Im just trying to go visit my wife who i havent seen for a year. Where do i get this 'Certificate of Departure'? Does it cost money? How long does it take to get one? Is there anything else im gonna need to be able to just cross the border from the states into canada just to visit my wife. I have a Valid U.S. Passport. Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I was deported from Canada 12 months ago on an Exclusion Order, was told after the year was up i'd be able to finally go visit my Wife of 13 years who I havent seen for this whole year. Did some research and apparently im going to need this 'Certificate of Departure' showing the date I left Canada. My wife and I have been trying to call and talk to somebody who knows anything about any of this stuff. Im just trying to go visit my wife who i havent seen for a year. Where do i get this 'Certificate of Departure'? Does it cost money? How long does it take to get one? Is there anything else im gonna need to be able to just cross the border from the states into canada just to visit my wife. I have a Valid U.S. Passport. Thanks!
You are supposed to obtain the Certificate of Departure from CBSA when you leave the country.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf10-eng.pdf - Section 28.

(Note that ENF 11 has now been incorporated into ENF 10 and is no longer available.)

Last edited:

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Were you given an exclusion order or deportation order? If it was an exclusion order then you should have had a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada.

Reactions: Sammyrai90

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Unless you were given a deportation order, then you wont have the certificate of departure, and you will need to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Were you refused entry and issued an Exclusion Order (Form IMM 1214B)? If yes + 12 months have passed after this Exclusion Order then you don't need an ARC to return.

You can apply for a VOS (Verification of Status) document for the Certificate of Departure. Here's the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5545-application-verification-status-vos-replacement-immigration-document.html

2. If you were deported (Form 5238B) then you need an ARC to return

Reactions: Beaudry-Clark

Beaudry-Clark

Mar 19, 2019
Unless you were given a deportation order, then you wont have the certificate of departure, and you will need to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)
I got an Exclusion Order, and im pretty sure i must have mail my wife my certificate of departure, not knowing i was going to need it to return, now she has misplaced it

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Were you given an exclusion order or deportation order? If it was an exclusion order then you should have had a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada.
I was given an exclusion order in oct2018 and at the time of leaving they didnt give me a departure certificate. I have boarding pass with me of the day i left canada. I applied arc in feb 2019. So will there be any good news as already 6months are over after an exclusion order

Beaudry-Clark

Mar 19, 2019
I was given an exclusion order and i remember getting the certificate of departure once i was back in the states but ive lost it, i didnt know i was going to need it to cross the border 12 months later. Im a bit confused on how to get a replacement, there's no actual application to print and fill out. It just says complete the application parts A,B and C then there's questions. Am i just supposed to type something up? Or is there an actual application i can print out? I really appreciate any help you can give me, cause my plan was to visit my wife in Canada YESTERDAY but cause of this whole certificate of departure thing ive had to delay my visit

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I was given an exclusion order and i remember getting the certificate of departure once i was back in the states but ive lost it, i didnt know i was going to need it to cross the border 12 months later. Im a bit confused on how to get a replacement, there's no actual application to print and fill out. It just says complete the application parts A,B and C then there's questions. Am i just supposed to type something up? Or is there an actual application i can print out? I really appreciate any help you can give me, cause my plan was to visit my wife in Canada YESTERDAY but cause of this whole certificate of departure thing ive had to delay my visit

Am not sure what your question is. Are you having issues typing on the form? If yes, try downloading the form first, save it to a folder (say documents) then when opening it use Adobe.

Beaudry-Clark

Mar 19, 2019
I was told it would cost 30$ to get a replacement of my Certificate of departure but on the application theres 2 options one for 206.09$ & 342.50$ so thats why im confused about if im even looking at the right application or not

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I was told it would cost 30$ to get a replacement of my Certificate of departure but on the application theres 2 options one for 206.09$ & 342.50$ so thats why im confused about if im even looking at the right application or not
What form are you filling, is it imm5009e for verification of Status? If yes then the fee is $30 see the guide at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5545-application-verification-status-vos-replacement-immigration-document.html

how to pay your fees at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Henuk

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018