Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
My wife's parents are currently both residing with us in Canada on a super visa, this is their first time here. When they landed, both parents received a 2-year stay, with a return date for Aug 2021. My question is, with the status of Covid right now, we would like to extend their stay as it's very costly to fly back and isolate right now.

What kind of questions will they ask if we request to extend, and is it advisable to state my reason above due to Covid concerns? Or just say they would like to stay here longer.

Thanks everyone :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife's parents are currently both residing with us in Canada on a super visa, this is their first time here. When they landed, both parents received a 2-year stay, with a return date for Aug 2021. My question is, with the status of Covid right now, we would like to extend their stay as it's very costly to fly back and isolate right now.

What kind of questions will they ask if we request to extend, and is it advisable to state my reason above due to Covid concerns? Or just say they would like to stay here longer.

Thanks everyone :)
They should be waiting until July/August to try to extend their visit. Would not mention the cost of flying back and isolating as the reaon why they need an extension. They are visitors so the cost of returning home or needing to isolate upon return is not really a reason why one should remain in Canada. Would you be able to show that their home country has an expensive quarantine process upon return like a quarantine hotel that you must pay for? If you can not afford to return home you may create doubt that you can't afford the cost of visiting Canada like supervisa insurance, everyday costs, any unexpected cost for example an emergency dental appointment. There is a good chance that they'll also need to pay for new medicals in Canada. Depending on the state of the world and covid in their home country, you can mention fear of getting infected with covid as the reason you'd like to extend their visit and you'd like them to visit until there are less cases of covid or until the covid vaccine is available to purchase/receive in their home country. If there are other reasons why they want to visit for a longer period they can include that as well but I would avoid any suggestion that they want to remain in Canada for financial reasons.

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Thank you Canuck78, it's mainly the Covid infection that we're worried about. VN does have a mandatory isolation from what I'm aware of, but it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I'll stay with our infection prevention narrative since they're seniors.

Reactions: canuck78

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Thank you Canuck78, it's mainly the Covid infection that we're worried about. VN does have a mandatory isolation from what I'm aware of, but it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I'll stay with our infection prevention narrative since they're seniors.
Hi just wondering if you ended up getting the extension granted? Did you state covid as the reason or just staying in Canada longer?