+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in land common law sponsorship

Colints

May 7, 2021
I am currently getting my paperwork together to apply for common-law sponsorship. I am currently in Canada on an open work permit which I obtained through the IEC program, which expires February 2022. I am wondering if I should be applying for a new open work permit along with my PR paper work, or to extend my current one. Any information would be very much appreciated.

I am also finding the forms confusing trying to apply for an a new open work permit, so if anyone has any clarity on that also that would be great.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I am currently getting my paperwork together to apply for common-law sponsorship. I am currently in Canada on an open work permit which I obtained through the IEC program, which expires February 2022. I am wondering if I should be applying for a new open work permit along with my PR paper work, or to extend my current one. Any information would be very much appreciated.

I am also finding the forms confusing trying to apply for an a new open work permit, so if anyone has any clarity on that also that would be great.
The open work permits have been taking at least 7 months or more. applications are a bit slow right now. applying for the open work permit would not hurt. Because applying for a change of status would put you in implied status allowing you to keep working under the iec program until they reach a decision on your owp.