+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In CoViD when to apply for SOWP - urgent help needed!!

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hello i have been approved for may intake 2020 before march 18, 2020,

but due to covid did not travel to Canada and deferred my program to September 2020. Therefore, will be joining my classes from my home country only next month from September 2020.

but till the time i reach Canada then it would be only 3 months left for my studen visa and permit to expire,

So will it be okay to file for my SOWP spouse application right now next month ? I have got following my documents such as i have valid visa and approval letter issued before march 18 , 2020 and also have letter of enrollment from the college for my September session..

need advice will it be okay to file for SOWP now from being my self as student also in my home country?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
no both in India he approved for study permit before march 18 but taking his online classes from india, so if i cant apply for SOWP then can i apply for visitor visa?

Somashekar

Feb 6, 2020
Spouse visitor visa has high chances of rejection unless you have strong reason to show that you return back to India after your spouse studies

Somashekar

Feb 6, 2020
Based on my personal experience I recommend going for SOWP is better option and, currently if you are applying from India the processing time for Visit visa and SOWP is almost same.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
no both in India he approved for study permit before march 18 but taking his online classes from india, so if i cant apply for SOWP then can i apply for visitor visa?
Based on my personal experience I recommend going for SOWP is better option and, currently if you are applying from India the processing time for Visit visa and SOWP is almost same.
Agree. TRV is not the suitable choice and is more likely to be denied. Your spouse does not want to be a temporary visitor. It will be assumed that she will want to live in Canada.

Ankitha0987

Nov 5, 2020
Hello i have been approved for may intake 2020 before march 18, 2020,

but due to covid did not travel to Canada and deferred my program to September 2020. Therefore, will be joining my classes from my home country only next month from September 2020.

but till the time i reach Canada then it would be only 3 months left for my studen visa and permit to expire,

So will it be okay to file for my SOWP spouse application right now next month ? I have got following my documents such as i have valid visa and approval letter issued before march 18 , 2020 and also have letter of enrollment from the college for my September session..

need advice will it be okay to file for SOWP now from being my self as student also in my home country?
Hi Manpreet,

I am in a similar situation. I started my online classes on September 1st 2020. I would like to apply SOWP for my husband now so that we can travel together. I am not sure if we can start the SOWP process now when I am in India as I don't have a study permit. Could you please confirm if you have filed the visa for your spouse and what is the current status? This will be very much helpful to me. Thank you