+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In case if work permit extension is refused

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hi
If work permit extension is refused, can I stay in Cnada for 90 days from the last day of my last work permit or I have leave immeiately?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
If work permit extension is refused, can I stay in Cnada for 90 days from the last day of my last work permit or I have leave immeiately?
Thanks
If your previous work permit is already expired when the extension is refused, you are in Canada illegally as of the date of the refusal. You should leave as soon as you can. The generally accepted time frame is within 30 days.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
If your previous work permit is already expired when the extension is refused, you are in Canada illegally as of the date of the refusal. You should leave as soon as you can. The generally accepted time frame is within 30 days.
What is the issue I got refusal, the reson is that I did not included Job Offer number and confirmation that employer paid 230$. Indeed I have these. They note that I can resubmit within 90 days after WP expired. Should I resubmit? Late June is 3 months after expiry date of last WP.

I applied just from April 1st to mid June. Anyway I will resubmit for 2 more weeks, if I resubmit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What is the issue I got refusal, the reson is that I did not included Job Offer number and confirmation that employer paid 230$. Indeed I have these. They note that I can resubmit within 90 days after WP expired. Should I resubmit? Late June is 3 months after expiry date of last WP.
You can apply for Restoration of Status.