+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In case I still have my job outside Canada

newcomer10

May 12, 2010
in the application of PR card for the first time applying while doing first landing:
In the section of work history.In case I will come to do my first landing while I am still have my work outside Canada. While I land I become a PR so consequently I must write this job in the work history as I will be counted as Canadian PR.
my question is that later on after I get my PR I wish to go outside and resign from this job, but in case i wouldn't be able to get a reference that I resigned (as some employers will not accept easily that you are quitting them and hence they will not issue a letter to proof my resignation) How could I convince the responsible committee in Canada that I quit that job. Specifically in the last page of the application of PR card I will sign that I will inform them of any changes.
your quick reply is highly appreciated because I am waiting to know whether I quit this job before I land or I will go landing and come back, my worry is not to be able to get a resignation acceptance letter to provide for the Canadian Citizen & Immigration
can the cancellation of the visa of the country that I work in be a proof that I quit that country permanently as it is not my Original country!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure I understand the question. Once you land as a PR, Canada immigration does not really care if you quit your job in another country. You could actually go back there and keep on working for up to 3 years before you would have to go back to Canada to fulfil your PR residency requirements.