+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Canada Spouse of Protected Person and Convention Refugee Add-on

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
i got married recently in Canada to a non-citizen on a study permit and i want to add her to my PR application that was submitted last year and still in process. i wrote to ircc and they sent me the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your marital status and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

In addition, when you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

How to submit the add-on request:

We invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the office that is holding your file:

and

• The add-on request including:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, proof of payment.
Useful tips:

• If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only the add-on request is required.
  • Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
  • If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.
Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required."

the ircc reply is not quite clear as i do not know whether i should mail them my spouse application with my new generic application or what ? can someone who was in a similar situation advise please?

jlp

Mar 27, 2023
Hey Hey, hope all is well. Following your thread as we encountered a similar situation recently. Were you able to figure it out? How did it go? Thanks in advance