+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Canada Sponsorship

ShazluvzDan

Aug 15, 2008
Hi I'm a Canadian citizen and want to know how I can sponsor my boyfriend to come to Canada for a vacation to see me. He is in Lebanon. Is there anything special that I need to do so he can get his visa? Any suggestions would be a great help.
Thx Shaz

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hi Shaz,
You may want to ask this question in the 'Visitor' forum of the website. I think they may be able to help you better.

Good luck to you and your boyfriend obtaining a visitor visa. As most people in this forum have experienced, it is not that simple to obtain one. The biggest thing is to convince the immigration officer (IO) that your boyfriend will return back to Lebanon, not to mention, he will have to have a stellar resume for the IO to even consider accepting his application.

Sorry to be blunt but make sure you read/research plenty before your boyfriend plans to submit an application for a Canadian TRV. Check out the site (www.cic.gc.ca) and this forum and others like this for questions/advice.

canthai

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Also, it is NOT a good idea for him to list his reason for wanting to visit as being that he has a girlfriend in Canada that he wants to see. He's gotta come up with a better, verifiable reason or they will turn him down. They do not believe, as a rule, that someone coming to visit a romantic partner is going to leave at the end of their authorized stay. He would have to show very strong ties to Lebannon - a home, job, family responsibilities . . . things it sounds like he's not likely to have considering he's in a relationship with someone overseas. He is also going to undergo increased scrutiny because of his country of origin.