+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Canada on Work permit while PR in process - Please help

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi Sweden,

I have 2 good news, one is my husband's application has approved and majorly his employer has sent him to Canada on a work permit visa. But I have a concern on our application. Please help us out.

His sponsorship got approved 2 weeks ago and he traveled just 4 days before we got the approval email.

Now:

1. Should we let CIC know that he is in Canada ? If so how? through email (can you please provide the URL)
2. Will it affect our Outland processing now? Or will it be continued as it is?
3. Do we need to update his address as Canada now? or since the application is being processed in India should we leave the Indian address as his current address as it is? Please note that his parents in India are still at his current address.

Hope nothing affects his sponsorship and please help us by providing the answers.

Thanks in advance.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
meandmyson said:
1. Should we let CIC know that he is in Canada ? If so how? through email (can you please provide the URL)
This should only be necessary if it impacts his mailing address. If it does, you should send the updated mailing address to the visa office in writing and you should do so via courier. Then a month later you should order GCMS notes (free since you are both in Canada now - this is a privacy act request) and confirm they received the letter with the updated address. If they don't show it, send it again.

meandmyson said:
2. Will it affect our Outland processing now? Or will it be continued as it is?
No, it won't. It will continue as it is. Note that if there is an interview required he will need to return to India.

meandmyson said:
3. Do we need to update his address as Canada now? or since the application is being processed in India should we leave the Indian address as his current address as it is? Please note that his parents in India are still at his current address.
As long as someone is at that address to receive any correspondence it isn't necessary to update the address.

Note that when NDVO requests his passport ("in order to expedite processing of your application, we request that you submit your passport to this office...") he should tell them no: "I am living and working in Canada now and thus it is not possible for me to return to India to submit the passport at this time. I will gladly travel to India once the application is approved and you require the passport for visa issuance."

When the application is approved, they will send a second request ("in order to continue processing your application, we require you submit your passport to this office"). At that point he will either need to return to India or alternatively, he can send the passport via courier to CHC ND and request they mail it to his parents and they can then get it back to him in Canada). Note that it is against Indian law to mail (including via courier) a passport outside the country. NDVO will not send it to him in Canada. So someone would need to carry his passport back to him in Canada - hence why I pointed out that he may wish to return to India.

Good luck!

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Thank you for your information Computergeek.

We tried to find out how we can inform CIC that my husband is here but we couldn't find it anywhere in CIC website.

Please let us know how we can inform them - Is there a web link or is it through Postal Mail? If it is through a normal mailing, is it to the NDVO office address given on his PP request form.

Waiting for your answer soon as we have alreasy delayed it :( :(

Thanks,
Meandmyson

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
You can send them a case-specific enquiry through the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp
Good luck,
Sweden

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
meandmyson said:
Thank you for your information Computergeek.

We tried to find out how we can inform CIC that my husband is here but we couldn't find it anywhere in CIC website.
I thought you had received sponsor approval. In my experience, the address of the visa office is listed on that letter. Of course I didn't have any problems finding the NDVO office address either:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/offices-bureaux/new_delhi.aspx

meandmyson said:
Please let us know how we can inform them - Is there a web link or is it through Postal Mail? If it is through a normal mailing, is it to the NDVO office address given on his PP request form.
This should be the address on the Passport Request (I assume this was the "in order to expedite" request and not the "in order to continue processing" request. The former is optional and the latter is mandatory).