+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IN CANADA ON VISIT VISA, GOT HIRED, WITH PENDING PR, TRV TO BE FILED!!!

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Dear Friends,

I am presently in Canada on a visit visa. The purpose of the visit is to take the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination. That will be tomorrow. Few months back I submitted application on one of the hospitals through a friend who is working in one of the hospitals here in Winnipeg. Just this afternoon, I was interviewed and with God's blessing, I was hired, and they told me that they are going to apply for LMO and eventually process my working visa. The following are my queries:

1. I have a pending PR application which has been in the "in process" stage since July 31, 2009. Is it possible to file for PR and TRV visa at the same time?
2. How long usually the whole TRV process will take? How about the LMO application? How long usually HRSDC approves LMO?
3. Will my husband too be given a TRV even if he does'nt have any offer of employment in Canada? Can I bring our son and with us too?
4. If I can secure a job offer letter from the hospital who is hiring me and submit it to CIC, will it help to speed up my PR application? Is this enough? or does it have to be a LMO that I need to submit to give an impact on my PR application?
5. On TRV application, do I still have to show some proofs of ties back home to convince the IO that I will return to my home country after the expiration of my TRV? Is this necessary for TRV applications?

Guys please help. It will be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
ANYONE PLEASE??? :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aspire said:
Congrats on the job and for taking the exam.

1. I have a pending PR application which has been in the "in process" stage since July 31, 2009. Is it possible to file for PR and TRV visa at the same time?

YES

2. How long usually the whole TRV process will take? How about the LMO application? How long usually HRSDC approves LMO?

LMOs take between 3-8 weeks usually, although may be faster if you are an RN. No idea about the TRV, but if you need a TRV, you also need a TWP (temporary work permit) to work. Go to the CIC website, and read the FAQs...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

3. Will my husband too be given a TRV even if he does'nt have any offer of employment in Canada? Can I bring our son and with us too?

Yes, in most cases

4. If I can secure a job offer letter from the hospital who is hiring me and submit it to CIC, will it help to speed up my PR application? Is this enough? or does it have to be a LMO that I need to submit to give an impact on my PR application?

There is no official reason that it would speed up your application. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt either.

5. On TRV application, do I still have to show some proofs of ties back home to convince the IO that I will return to my home country after the expiration of my TRV? Is this necessary for TRV applications?

Yes, for the TWP. Don't know anything about TRVs...

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Thank you very much jes_on. God Bless.

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
congrats aspire

really motivating
I did not know that we even stood a chance
of getting a Job without PR or work permit.

Good Luck
I might just start applying for some jobs from now:)

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
CPAMATRIX said:
congrats aspire

really motivating
I did not know that we even stood a chance
of getting a Job without PR or work permit.

Good Luck
I might just start applying for some jobs from now:)
Networking is one way. You got to have somebody in Canada that will help you find one. Without my friend who referred me to the hospital where she works, I doubt if I can find one without the PR and the working permit. Thanks.

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
so true aspire
networking is the name of the game

even on this forum
alot of us may end up working
together and even in the hiring process
("hey i remember you, you were on canada visa forum")

that would be funny

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
We should be wearing name tags; we use our names in the forum. would be really hilarious :)

CPAMATRIX said:
so true aspire
networking is the name of the game

even on this forum
alot of us may end up working
together and even in the hiring process
("hey i remember you, you were on canada visa forum")

that would be funny

Thanks

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
aspire said:
Dear Friends,

I am presently in Canada on a visit visa. The purpose of the visit is to take the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination. That will be tomorrow. Few months back I submitted application on one of the hospitals through a friend who is working in one of the hospitals here in Winnipeg. Just this afternoon, I was interviewed and with God's blessing, I was hired, and they told me that they are going to apply for LMO and eventually process my working visa. The following are my queries:

Congrats!!!!! What a blessing!! Look, if your application is almost ready to be finalised, then I would wait to get the PPR because you've come a long way already and now wanting to start all over by informing them of your new job status, might delay it a little.
Will the Hospital allow you to work before your exam?I'm asking because my wife was asked to take exam for LPN when she is already an RN in the USA only that she had an Associate Degree in Registered Nursing instaed of Bachelors degree from the U.S. Please reply.. thanks and good luck!

piepie0005

Oct 18, 2010
aspire said:
Dear Friends,

I am presently in Canada on a visit visa. The purpose of the visit is to take the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination.

FRom what country are you from? Im planning to apply for a TRV as well, with the purpose of taking my SEC assessment. But im scared of the possibility of getting denied. becuase Im currently unemployed and have no assets to show.. But I do have relatives in canada who will invite me and support me during my stay there. I also have an invitation letter from CRNBC.. Any suggestions?

gracelo

Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys,

What are the different/additional requirements that I need to submit if I will apply for a multiple entry TRV?
I am planning to apply for CRNBC and most probably, will be asked to take the SEC exam.
Does anyone know if I can use the SEC exam as a reason for the multiple entry application?

Thank you so much! :)