+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Canada CEC Application - Doing Medicals from India

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hello,

My CEC application was filed in April and am now awaiting Medicals from CPP-Ottawa. I may have to return to India very soon as my WP extension does not appear to go too well. For those who have been in a similar situation and had to do medicals from India, could you confirm to which RMO, the DMP sent your Medical Results to - New Delhi or Ottawa? If it was sent to New Delhi, did that cause any delays in receipt of medicals by the Ottawa office?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you are outside Canada, the DMP has to send it to the regional office for your country of residence for onward transmittance to Ottawa. I would assume there would be some delay with overseas mail.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
If you are outside Canada, the DMP has to send it to the regional office for your country of residence for onward transmittance to Ottawa. I would assume there would be some delay with overseas mail.
Thanks for the response, SenoritaBella! Hope I can hang around here so far as the medical!!

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
One more question SenoritaBella!

Suppose I go to US and do the medicals there instead of doing it in India, would you know if it directly goes to Ottawa or does US have a separate RMO? I was thinking this may be better as I do have a valid B2 visa for US.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Here's the list of regional medical centres: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp

Ottawa seems to be the only one in North America, so results from USA will likely be sent to Ottawa. You can call the CIC call centre to confirm.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
Here's the list of regional medical centres: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp

Ottawa seems to be the only one in North America, so results from USA will likely be sent to Ottawa. You can call the CIC call centre to confirm.
Thanks again! Appreciate your help!

b123098

Mar 6, 2013
I am in the same position, as you were. Please advice, where would I need to send the medicals, i.e. to New delhi or Ottawa?

If you don’t mind, could you plz let me knw, where did u send ur medicals?

bigben3

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
You won't send the medicals. It's the DMP who sends it. Anyways if you are doing uour medicals in India, it goes to New Delhi first. They have a centralized database to retrieve the medicàl results. So whenever the VO wants to pull your results, he'll just enter your client ID / file number and get your results. So it's absolutely fine to give your medicals in India. The results will automatically be received by cic Ottawa

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry but just to throw light on this topic.

I applied for immigration under CEC in Jan 2013 and waiting for medicals. I'm planning to visit India in couple months from now. I was hoping if I would have a med request from CIC by then, it would be good option to get Emedicals done in India. Since my app is processed @ CPP-O, would my medicals be sent to New Delhi or directly to CPP-O? And if so, do I need to inform CPP-O about this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Peaceful said:
Sorry but just to throw light on this topic.

I applied for immigration under CEC in Jan 2013 and waiting for medicals. I'm planning to visit India in couple months from now. I was hoping if I would have a med request from CIC by then, it would be good option to get Emedicals done in India. Since my app is processed @ CPP-O, would my medicals be sent to New Delhi or directly to CPP-O? And if so, do I need to inform CPP-O about this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
When is your India trip planned and for how long ? If you received your AOR in Feb, better not expect MR until Aug/Sep with the current pace.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you do medicals in India, they will be sent to the Regional Medical Office that handles files for India, who will forward it to the Medical Office in Ottawa. DMPs outside Canada can not send results directly to Ottawa(the DMP manual explains this).

Peaceful said:
Yes Andy, my trip is planned around that time, in August and I will be there for a month.

So any advise?

cecapplicantjune

Feb 8, 2013
Hey Ranjith,

Did you look at the bridging work permit. Did you apply for work permit extension through the bridging work permit?

RanjithP said:
Hello,

My CEC application was filed in April and am now awaiting Medicals from CPP-Ottawa. I may have to return to India very soon as my WP extension does not appear to go too well. For those who have been in a similar situation and had to do medicals from India, could you confirm to which RMO, the DMP sent your Medical Results to - New Delhi or Ottawa? If it was sent to New Delhi, did that cause any delays in receipt of medicals by the Ottawa office?