+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"IN BOX FULL" message - to whomever it may concern

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

It is regretted to mention that few of our member's 'in Boxes' are still full and they used to send PMs again. From the postings "-------, your in box is full", it seems that few members don't check their in box after sending messages.

I prepared a little long reply to one "PM" ( I am not listing the senders ) spending a little time for research and typing. Unfortunately the reply cold not be sent being the "in box full".and This embarrassing situation happens to many of our forum members when their replies could not be sent.

Therefore, I request to those members who send "PM"s frequently to please clear their in boxes, so that the replies can be received .

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
It certainly is an irritating problem, Wilson, especially with new members who have (it seems) pretty restrictive limits on their inbox capacity. I've also noticed a tendency for new members to use PM instead of posting a thread. My guess is using the PM is the less intimidating route to asking questions.

Do you happen to know what those inbox limits are? I have received responses from members with full inboxes, asking "how can it be full I only have 2 messages"! I think it would be helpful for new members to know what the limits are and how and when capacity is increased.

Allison

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard the same from newbies, i.e. that their inbox seems to be full after 2 messages.

When I get a message from someone with zero or few posts, I often start my reply to them by telling them that they must delete from their inbox or they will not be able to receive replies.

I think the moderator should add a note on the personal message page of newbies to tell them how large their inbox is or when it is full. Maybe warn them when they send a personal message that their inbox is full and they will not be able to receive a reply.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree. This happens at least a couple of times a week for me. Leon, that is excellent advice regarding replies to newbies and a very good idea for the Moderator. :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rjessome said:
I agree. This happens at least a couple of times a week for me. Leon, that is excellent advice regarding replies to newbies and a very good idea for the Moderator. :)
I get a fair amount of PMs, and if I get the "in box full" twice, for someone, then I don't bother answering their PMs anymore.