+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in Alberta on WP. How to get PR?

mkdk

May 15, 2024
Hi,
We came to Canada (in Alberta) last month on work permit. I don't have a job but my wife is on NOC 21222.
I am looking for info on PR - eligibility, process/ steps, and expected timeline.
Considering the NOC, i guess Alberta Tech Pathway might be more suitable for us.

So how do we go about converting our WP to PR? We have a little more than 1 year in hand (for WP to expire).
Your suggestions/ guidance is highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
We came to Canada (in Alberta) last month on work permit. I don't have a job but my wife is on NOC 21222.
I am looking for info on PR - eligibility, process/ steps, and expected timeline.
Considering the NOC, i guess Alberta Tech Pathway might be more suitable for us.

So how do we go about converting our WP to PR? We have a little more than 1 year in hand (for WP to expire).
Your suggestions/ guidance is highly appreciated.
Research and read through the AINP and Express Entry programs. You aren’t converting a WP to PR. You apply for PR based on skill, age, education, language, funds etc.

mkdk

May 15, 2024
Research and read through the AINP and Express Entry programs. You aren’t converting a WP to PR. You apply for PR based on skill, age, education, language, funds etc.
Thanks. I have looked up alberta.ca though not fully. Still to check Express Entry.