+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMT Gazhiabad Distance learning

vikas0179

Mar 15, 2018
I have requested for transcript from VU recently. Application is on the way and still didn't reached at VU. I am keeping my finger crossed for me and for all those aspirants who are on the same boat like us. WES clearly says on their website that they need transcript from University and not from the institute. I have strong feeling that if we could get the official transcript from VU then many of our problems may resolved.
I am not sure if they will respond to your case..I wrote and talked to Director Distance Education VU, but they clearly say all things will be handled by IMT and they don't have any role to play here. Such is their attitude..I have written replies from them..Hence I filed a complaint against them and IMT. Now the next step has will be an RTI..I feel that together things work better but humans are left to fend for themselves these days..So if 4-5 of us who have the same case get together, they will feel the pressure but if we keep fighting alone for the same thing, they will keep rejecting each and every one..These degrees were invalid from UGC standpoint (I discussed with an official there) and they will not do anything to give degrees from VU hence it's quite a complex situation..

pimtmba

Apr 27, 2018
I am not sure if they will respond to your case..I wrote and talked to Director Distance Education VU, but they clearly say all things will be handled by IMT and they don't have any role to play here. Such is their attitude..I have written replies from them..Hence I filed a complaint against them and IMT. Now the next step has will be an RTI..I feel that together things work better but humans are left to fend for themselves these days..So if 4-5 of us who have the same case get together, they will feel the pressure but if we keep fighting alone for the same thing, they will keep rejecting each and every one..These degrees were invalid from UGC standpoint (I discussed with an official there) and they will not do anything to give degrees from VU hence it's quite a complex situation..
During my recent email communication with IMT; they have shared a letter issued by VU stating that IMT courses are recognised by VU and all the mark sheets and degree would be issued by VU. This letter was issued in the year 2003. I don't know how much it will boost our stand.

I personally feel that VU is a state university which is constituted by a state government act named 'The Vidyasagar University Act 1981' passed by west bengal legislature. Any official letter issued by them is having an importance.

If now VU is telling that 'all things will be handled by IMT and they don't have any role to play here' then we may have full rights to file a case against them in the court. VU would surely be on back foot. We have degrees issued jointly by IMT and VU with the signatures of VC of VU.

If our degrees are issued by VU then it should be complying with UGC norms as well. Else it could be a part of a big fraud and believe me; VU would be on the back foot in this case.

I have requested for official transcript from VU. Lets wait for some time. If we will receive the transcript from VU then we may be safe (I presume) and we may send it to WES/IQAS.

Else I agree with you. We should built some pressure on the authorities by some means (media etc) so that they are forced to give a reasonable reply to the affected peoples.

vikas0179

Mar 15, 2018
This part of document is shared by Mr. Raju from IMT to everyone but that doesn't have any value b'coz even after writing this thing, VU never gave any degrees/diplomas to anyone from it's side but had IMT handle everything..I have tried everything on earth with IMT..Now you can do the same and then we can come together along with other's who are interested in fighting it together. I am ready to go to any length to fight it out with these guys and have a proper degree from VU not only b'coz of Canadian immigration but also my Masters is not recognized now in India itself as per UGC!! I spent 3.5yrs and close to 55k for getting this degree which now has become redundant.

pimtmba

Apr 27, 2018
I am also having the same feeling.

Today IMT replied as below:

"Please find attached Vidyasagar University’s authorisation letter where they have given authority to IMT for issuing duplicate mark sheets/transcripts.

Till July 2005 got approval from Vidyasagar University. After that DEC approved courses till January 2013 and from July 2013 approved from UGC."
Unquote

It looks that our 3 years have been gone in vein. You can consider myself with you for any sort of fight with Vidyasagar Uni and IMT Ghaziabad.

pimtmba

Apr 27, 2018
Just to add one more point here:

Our issued degree is having the signature of VC Professor Swapan Kumar Pramanick (01/12/2003 - 20/01/2011).

VU is a state university.

Now they can not ran away from their responsibilities. Its a serious fraud; I am seeing !!

IMT is having political connections. President of IMT is Kamal Nath a prominent congress leader.

vikas0179

Mar 15, 2018
See Kamal Nath or Narendra Modi..One who has not followed the rule of education law needs to fall in line if we create a voice properly. No one in India listens till a voice is raised against the law breaker..let's not get dis-heartened by such things..we need to have 5-6 people who are having the same issue as ours and then we will take the right approach. I have already filed complaints against both in DEB..After 1 month gets completed, I will ask them for the next step and then file an RTI as those guys had advised me to collect documents to show that VC/IMT is not responding and working..They have even asked me to involve MHRD if VC doesn't respond..See if you can get some links in MHRD..I am also looking for some..

pimtmba

Apr 27, 2018
In my view; main culprit is the Vidyasagar University because they granted affiliation to IMT Ghaziabad to run distance education courses from session 2002-2003. They have properly issued a letter (VU/R/EC-63/ / 180/03) to the director of IMT; stating VU is granting affiliation to them. Letter is signed by the registrar of VU.

VU is a govt university. They can't grant affiliation to everyone. If they are granting affiliation; it means the courses should be approved by UGC or DEC or AICTE etc.

In any case; if our courses are not recognized by UGC/DEC/AICTE; It is because of VU. Vidyasagar University; their VCs, Registrars can not run away with the responsibilities.

Interest of students are above then any technical situations. If admissions have been granted by them then VU as well as IMT are responsible to provide approved degrees/diploma to students.

I am again repeating; I am with you on this fight. It would be preferable if some more students will join us in this fight.

vikas0179

Mar 15, 2018
Yes I know that VU is the main culprit in this who scam..They were never allowed to open centers or get into any alliance outside West Bengal as per UGC's instruction but since they might have wanted to earn some money from courses from students all across India through IMT's reach, they took this illegal step and when they got caught by UGC, they back stepped and gave all degrees through IMT by only mentioning their name and putiing all onus on IMT. Now students like us are left nowhere..but nevertheless, we won't spare them. My contact details are 9818103878 and mail is vikas0179@gmail.com. Please feel free to contact me anytime and we will together work on it. I will call DEB office this week to seek if there's any reply to my complaints with them and what needs to be done next?

To all people who might read this: If you want your degrees to be approved by IQAS/WES/ICAS, please join us, as together we can achieve more!!

arjunraw

Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

I am also in the same situation and having letter issued from Vidyasar university to instruct IMT to issue my transcript on behalf of VU . There are some more students in my touch please let us know

MHRD Contacts

http://mhrd.gov.in/whos-who-0

Last edited:

vikas0179

Mar 15, 2018
Well I am taking my path of sending legal notices to VU and had also complained against them in UGC-DEB..if anyone wants to join and push them as a team, please get together, form a whatsapp group and then take the necessary action..

arjunraw

Jul 21, 2017
Hi All,

We have created whatsapp group for all IMT students having this problem please add your number and discuss in real time

971554305938 or 918447647917

PARMEET98

Nov 29, 2016
My frnd also did his mba in distance learning from imt ghaziabad but wes has not approved it then he applied through iqas and he got approved his degree

arjunraw

Jul 21, 2017
My frnd also did his mba in distance learning from imt ghaziabad but wes has not approved it then he applied through iqas and he got approved his degree
Hi,
Which year he enrolled and passed. I have completed MBA 2005-2008 that Time it was affiliated from vidyasagar University and transcripts issued by IMT. If your friend was the same case please let me know