+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Importing Vehicle

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi All,

I have a car that i recently paid off so that i could import the car to Canada. I have the title with me with a lien release signature on the title. Is that sufficient to prove that i own the car or should i get a new title without the lien on it. Also if anyone can point me to some process documenatation, i would really appreciate it.
Also any recommendations for moving companies....

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi All,

I have a car that i recently paid off so that i could import the car to Canada. I have the title with me with a lien release signature on the title. Is that sufficient to prove that i own the car or should i get a new title without the lien on it. Also if anyone can point me to some process documenatation, i would really appreciate it.
That should be enough.

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
release of lien will suffice. No need to get a new title. What country are you moving from? We just imported our car from the US in September
Hi All,

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Can you confirm if the US border officials take the US license plate away once its exported?
No the border officials don’t take your license plate. You have to take your car somewhere like Canadian tire to have an out of province inspection. You have to make the necessary modifications before they give you your inspection form and then you take that and get your car registered and insured for your province. That’s when you would switch out the plates

Reactions: tuhadapeo

mkdirjavac

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2020
moving from the US. Which Shipping company did you use ?
I just shipped my car earlier this month. I used a San Diego based shipping company called US CANADA AUTO transport. They quoted me around USD$1,300 from south cali to BC. They will fill AES for you so saved couple bucks here.
Car shipped to a warehouse for pending custom clearance, who charges a CAD$125 storage fee. CBSA at the border charged a CAD$100 AC environmental fee if your car has AC.

BharatNT2IE

Jul 3, 2019
Did not declare any care in Goods to Follow list. I am planning to buy a car in the US and import to Canada. Can i still import my care without heavy taxes.

Thanks
Bharat C P

mkdirjavac

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2020

BharatNT2IE

Jul 3, 2019
Hello,

Yes i have completed my soft landing at the time of which i did not own a car in the USA. And now it would be a pain to import a car if i buy one correct ?

Thanks
Bharat C P