+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Important* Rainbow Bridge Flagpolling

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I did a flagpole crossing at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara falls yesterday.

When you arrive at the bridge, there is a Canadian Border Services office to the left, and an entry gate to the right. We arrived at 8am and went through the entry gate turnstile on the Canadian side. It costs $1.00 per person and only accepts quarters, so take quarters with you. There is a change machine to the right if you need it. Once we went through, we walked over to the US side. You wait in a small room until they call you in. We explained that we were there to do a flagpole, the officer checked our passports and signed a form for us to take to the Canadian side.

However, once we approached the Canadian side, we were told that they were not processing PR applications at that time, and to come back at 2pm, despite the website saying otherwise.

We went to a starbucks and waited till 12pm, then went to the visa office on the left of the bridge. They told us that they were now processing CoPR's. We had to cross the bridge again and get another flagpole note, which the US border control officer wasn't too happy about.. This time, they accepted us, gave us a yellow slip and told us to go to the border services building to the left. We were seen almost immediately and had our papers validated.

If you go to this crossing, it might pay to check with the visa office before crossing the bridge to make sure that they are processing CoPRs to save you the hassle.

Now it is all over and I can finally relax :)

Good luck to you all!

Reactions: AshlynJ and Bitema

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi there!
I'm going there straight after work at 5pm so I should get there by 7:45ish pm.
I was wondering if i can pay by credit/ debit? I only have $15 cash on me.
Also, i dont have car. and as im going straight from work, i'll have my work laptop with me.
Any suggesions/ problems i may encounter with my description above? :)

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
Thanks for the info.
Where can I check the copr processing time of that rainbow bridge office? I also thought they starts at 8am