+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important note for new studens coming to Canada

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
its the mentality that consultants know something internal or have contacts with canadian embassy which will magically make their bad profile better . What people fail to understand is western countries work differently and there is no way someone can coarse or bribe and get a visa . I feel consultants are like those people sitting out side post office(in india) who r writing letters for people who dont know how to read or write.
Rolf. Indeed, but then sometimes students are so concerned about their visa chances that they fall for it. Let the word spread and hope students start joining such forums and seek the right guidance from the people with actual experience.

@THr3dx, if this guy has off campus work permit, please let me know. I will help him with a part time job around north campus so at least he can earn his bread and butter and rent.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
j.mann said:
i also applied from sunrise legal services plzzz tell me if anybody have any info. about them,,,
Maan sa'ab... i think we spoke once and we discussed everything... why did u go to consultancy now... you seemed to be well informed about the process....

j.mann

Apr 13, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Passport Req..
17-june-2013
VISA ISSUED...
under processing
LANDED..........
i wish...i will be there.....
sabby2612 said:
Maan sa'ab... i think we spoke once and we discussed everything... why did u go to consultancy now... you seemed to be well informed about the process....
i knw the process...but m scared from any mistake... I want 2 apply for uni. but the agent told me not 2 with uni. but this time i think the deadlines have passed for uni...m right??? i wnt to apply for uni. of regina.

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dude.. because there is only 3% commission from universities .. nothing ekse .. but yea you are late for jan.2014 for sme uni.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
th3.rdx said:
Dude.. because there is only 3% commission from universities .. nothing ekse .. but yea you are late for jan.2014 for sme uni.
3 %, are you kidding me, 99% uni don't even consider consultants at all... they want candidates to apply directly and they pay no sh*t to these consultants.. Only a private uni or the uni not able to attract much talent (due to weather or local conditions) they entertain consultants...and that's why you will find no consultancy of any level help you with Uni admission. I am so sure I can bet on this. No consultant will ever help you apply for Masters or Phd programs as these programs are mostly with uni (except for MBA or selected few programs which colleges also offer - that too only because they have tie ups with some universities ).

Ma'am sa'ab, you are another perfect example of not believing in yourself. I spoke to you and I remember you sounded so well informed...but I do not know why did you lack confidence while applying...

Anyway if you haven't filed your visa, it's still not too late, some Universites are still offering admission for January intake, probably you should check online else try to May...

But if you have already applied, then God be with you!

Best of luck.

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
j.mann said:
i knw the process...but m scared from any mistake... I want 2 apply for uni. but the agent told me not 2 with uni. but this time i think the deadlines have passed for uni...m right??? i wnt to apply for uni. of regina.
Which is the course that you are trying to apply for under university?

j.mann

Apr 13, 2013
Visa Office......
chandigarh visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Passport Req..
17-june-2013
VISA ISSUED...
under processing
LANDED..........
i wish...i will be there.....
Aerrow said:
Which is the course that you are trying to apply for under university?
MS in computer science

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
j.mann said:
Don't know about your program but for PG, UOR and UOS, still accepting applications. It is never too late. Go ahead but now you don't have further room to waste your time. Go ahead and apply.

shahid19091982

Jul 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for the information.

I would like to clarify that i have heard from many friends that we can start working part time once the college starts is it true or wrong?

Please guide for the same.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
th3.rdx said:
Dear Students ,

If you are coming to canada for studies , then make sure you have enough funds to pay your tution fee and survive till you got gic installments.
No part-time job can fulfil the funds required for tution fee until you drop your semester , you cant arrange fee on your own.

Today , i am writing this because just few hours back i found a guy crying outside humber college bus stop . He doesnt had money to even eat food , i took him with me to my house and he told me how new coming students are dreaming of canada , that there is bucks of dollars in here ( 2 lakhs / mnths ) on part time as per told by his agent.

There is nothing like that guys , if you are coming to study then study only because you will surely fail your sem. if you did any work here .

And anyone here isnt gonna take crying students to their houses .

Please be careful about it .
Happens far too often than seen/ admitted.

The problem is abnormally higher expectations. If its too good to be true, it probably isn't.

As far as consultancies are concerned, they are there to tell you exactly what you want to hear. People go to consultancies because they want re-assurances; for the decisions they are taking or are not too confident in doing things on their own. Sure, they can help you in preparing your file but if you leave everything upto them, then you give them the go ahead to make decisions for you, decisions that can make or break your future. Its far too easy to not take personal responsibility and blame everyone else.

when going to a foreign country for studies, Not having a contact (who AGREES to help you if needed) can be a big mistake sometimes if you do not have the financial means to take care of yourself. If this poor guy had a friend, relative in Canada (who had agreed to help him if needed, he may have been in a better position). Also, relying on a part time job that you do not have yet is also a big mistake.

also keep in mind that having a relative in canada does not automatically means they will help you in hard times. For some reason, people change when they get here and some even take great pleasure in other's suffering. Thats why i emphasized on having some who has agreed to help you out.

I also blame parents to some extent for allowing (in some cases encouraging) their kids to go for studies in countries like Canada and UK without much support (financial or otherwise). You can read all about whats happening in the UK, specially with girls who can't make enough to support their living expenses and have to resort to either living in very poor living conditions or in worse cases, prostitution.

I always tell people who ask for suggestions that its not all rosy on the other side and it takes time to get to a point where you can sit back and think that you have made it. But then again, sometimes people just dont want to listen to the cold hard truth. That's why the consultancies are in business because they tell you exactly what you want to hear regardless of if its the truth or not.

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
Perspective 1.....90% of us choose student visa just as a means to get PR! (faster, more reliable than federal skilled worker or other categories) I mean think technically who would want to go back and get a job home unless his/her parents are some CM or star. We see our relatives and nri cousins lavishly living and have every trending gadget a man can possibly think of buying. We look upon them, we cherish them, we adore them, we love them (THEY DONT THOUGH!!) Seeing them, we DREAM TOO, sooo people put their homes and everything on mortgage, loan money from banks/friends and some middle class govt employees take out their entire life's savings (including provident funds) just to send their kid to canada with hope that it would be a ticket to safer, richer and brighter future.

Perspective 2.....But in the end think again, if its really that bad in canada, why there r still over 1 lakh international students coming every year (1 LAKH CANT BE DUMB) and the older ones get pr or find some way to sneak into the legal system after college (contract marriage, LMO, PNP etc)... Its hard indeed, but what would u prefer, crying for 2-3 years or crying for 20-30 yrs? In india, life in metros is full of shit. U cant see ur kids growing up there. This is it... Canada, a dream of middle class. If today Canada stops giving pr or work permit to students, would u apply to STUDY? Exactly... u wont. U'll revert to australia or other destinations or just go to delhi for IAS prep LOL!

P.S. There is no such thing as free ride... oh wait... i mean free PR! and did u see that miss america btw?? shes hot!!

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Both perspectives are valid and true. But does not make the ride any more comfortable. If one is prepared to face the hardships, they'll be fine. But again, having higher expectations is where most will feel hard done by.

As far as being envious of your canadian relatives, cousins etc, i'll let you in the secret: it's all for show. The same people live very modest lifestyles all year long and when its time to visit the old country, that's when they spend on lavish things so they have something to show for. That is what its all for, to make you envious. And it does work. I'll admit it worked on me.

It's just getting out of that protective shell of your family and being independent and responsible all of a sudden that sets a lot of the kids back. sometimes, its too much too soon for some. Had a poster here some time ago who was talking about having thoughts of suicide because things did not go as smooth as he expected. I mean in those cases, is it really worth it? Or in the example i gave when one has to resort to sub-standard living, even in a country like UK or canada, or in extreme cases, prostitution? Because of the hardships that the family went through to send someone to Canada for studies, puts all that much pressure on that 18-19 year old.

As far as Canada is concerned, they need a steady influx of new immigrants to replace the aging population from the baby boomer era. somebody has to pay taxes to take care of pensions and medicals services for all the retirees. So immigration can be expected to be maintained at a steady pace for the next little while. FSW is always going to be there. also is the TFW, both being a means to gaining PR.

So one has to decide how much of a risk he/ she is willing to take: In extreme cases, gambling all of their parents worldly belongings just so they can have a shot at living lavishly and owning the latest trending gadget?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
problem is lack of information and ignorance. People r not aware of the actual situation and fall for false propaganda by consultants/agent. People who r in canada and are facing tough times dont communicated about their bad situation to friends/relatives in india for concerns of shame that they were unsuccessful.......by unsuccessful I mean people who couldnt find a job right away after graduation and who r doing odd jobs to get by. These people may eventually be successful but at the cost of precious time......with the internet it is very easy these days to find information. So educate ur friends and family members its not a easy as the consultants make it sound it is. I am really concerned about people who take loans for this courses putting their fathers/parents income/property at risk. So the whole system is based on exploitation consultants make money of off students ..the banks who give loan make money...colleges make money by fees.... only students who cant find a job lose . big ponzi scheme..lol

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
problem is lack of information and ignorance. People r not aware of the actual situation and fall for false propaganda by consultants/agent. People who r in canada and are facing tough times dont communicated about their bad situation to friends/relatives in india for concerns of shame that they were unsuccessful.......by unsuccessful I mean people who couldnt find a job right away after graduation and who r doing odd jobs to get by. These people may eventually be successful but at the cost of precious time......with the internet it is very easy these days to find information. So educate ur friends and family members its not a easy as the consultants make it sound it is. I am really concerned about people who take loans for this courses putting their fathers/parents income/property at risk. So the whole system is based on exploitation consultants make money of off students ..the banks who give loan make money...colleges make money by fees.... only students who cant find a job lose . big ponzi scheme..lol
Indeed. But then buddy, no matter how hard you explain to people back at home about the situation here, they won't understand or give up. They would anyway try all possible means to land here, not sure if that's the case for entire India but that's how things go in Punjab. And if you try to make them aware of drawbacks, they will say " you don't want me to be a Rich Kanadian "... what a pity.