+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

huma

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-06-2010
Nomination.....
14-09-2010
AOR Received.
16-0102011
IELTS Request
already done
aoa,
i got my first acceptance on june 8 2010, now where should i send my full application to CIO or england?????? im from pakistan. plzzzzzzz reply me soon.im waiting

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx OhCanadiana..Please suggest if i need to notarized my passport documents.....One more question My contract document with the company is three years old. do I need the contract document needs to be latest dated.I have 10 bank accounts, two of which are the joint account with my parents.Will there be any problem if I show the amount of joint account...Thx

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueray333 said:
I went thru the document you mentioned OhCanadiana.

On section 7.1, 2nd to the last bullet, it mentioned something like:

- a signed statement to the effect that the information provided is complete and accurate;

do i need to provide this? creating a letter will do? I don't see this on the federal skill worker package.. please advice..
Hi BlueRay333 - this actually hasn't changed (it used to be somewhere in the old OP6 also).

The first bullet in Schedule 1's declaration says "I declare that the information I have given is truthful, correct, and accurate" but you could add something short and sign it at the bottom of IMM0008 also - more never hurts!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avi_15 said:
where is point 3 listed... couldn't find it on the the pdf.. pls clarify
Go to page 39 of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf and near the bottom of the page to the right of Police Certificates just under the line across the page.

"All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances as part of the application process.
Note: Do not
submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your applicationis placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application."

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrantapplicant said:
I have a question, If you go to form EG7, page 40 for police certificate information, there are 2 things written

1) Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. If your application is placed into processing, these certificates must be submitted before your application can be finalized.
2) When you submit the police certificates to the visa office, ensure they have been issued in the last three months and no earlier. Certificates that are more than three months old on receipt will not be accepted.

What do they mean by saying Police certificates are valid for 12 months and then by saying Police certificates have been issued in the last 3 months and no earlier and older than 3 months certificates will not be accepted.

What about me, I already get my PCC just recently?
If you are a new applicant, the new instructions indicate that
- You do not submit the PCC to the CIO (as applicants since June 26 had been instructed to do). Instead keep your PCC to submit to the visa office
- The PCC has to be received by the visa office no more than 3 months from the date it was issued. If it will take longer than that, per the newest EG7000 you will have to get a new PCC to submit to the visa office
- If the visa office hasn't made a decision on your case within 1 year from the date your PCC was issued, they may ask you for another PCC so they have one that has not yet expired

If you already submitted your application, it will be processed based on the instructions and rules in place at the time you applied to the CIO

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huma said:
aoa,
i got my first acceptance on june 8 2010, now where should i send my full application to CIO or england?????? im from pakistan. plzzzzzzz reply me soon.im waiting
As I understand the situation, you submitted your application to the CIO before June 2010 and got a letter from them on June 8 2010 referring you to the visa office and asking you to submit your full application (with supporting documents) to the visa office.

If that is the case, send your documents to the visa office the CIO indicated in their letter to you. Your application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied. The changes discussed in this thread only apply to applicants sending their application to the CIO after June 26.

It's getting harder to keep the posts clear in the forum with so many application periods each with their own rules!

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Good day! I am glad I joined this forum otherwise I would not have known about the changes.. thank you to the author & to all that joined & contributed valuable information.

I have some questions :

1. regarding schedule 3 economic classes, your work experience
*the 1st one I answered occupation 1. dentist NOC 3113 years of experience 4 years or more year 2005 to present (private practice/own clinic)
*the second dentist/dental professor NOC 3113 4 years or more ( hospital dentist & dental professor) year 2005-present
*the 3rd dentist/dental professor NOC 3113 1 year but less than 2 ( from previous employment ) year 2003-2004

In the question #12. order of preference , I should just answer box # 1 NOC 3113 Dentist? since I have only 1 NOC category?
as also noted : on the envelope, list the NOC codes in the order of preference accdg to question # 12 of schedule 3

2. In the envelope, I will be sending mine via courier (fedex/LBC/TNT) what does it mean affix sufficient postage?
3. regarding Personal Net worth:
assets
A. Bank Deposits
- do you need to send bank summary or will a bank certification do?
B. Property
-do you really need to answer all the questions ex. land-year purchased,purchase price, estimated current market value

regarding insurance coverage? ex. life insurance etc.. where does it fall under? (pension, mutual fund, and other assets?)
how about car? will just get the value from the insurance coverage? will this be under other assets?

thank you
sorry for the long list of questions just want to make sure, I hope you don't mind thank you really appreciate it :)

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
molarius said:
Good day! I am glad I joined this forum otherwise I would not have known about the changes.. thank you to the author & to all that joined & contributed valuable information.

I have some questions :

*the 1st one I answered occupation 1. dentist NOC 3113 years of experience 4 years or more year 2005 to present (private practice/own clinic)
*the second dentist/dental professor NOC 3113 4 years or more ( hospital dentist & dental professor) year 2005-present
*the 3rd dentist/dental professor NOC 3113 1 year but less than 2 ( from previous employment ) year 2003-2004

In the question #12. order of preference , I should just answer box # 1 NOC 3113 Dentist? since I have only 1 NOC category?
as also noted : on the envelope, list the NOC codes in the order of preference accdg to question # 12 of schedule 3

2. In the envelope, I will be sending mine via courier (fedex/LBC/TNT) what does it mean affix sufficient postage?
assets
A. Bank Deposits
B. Property
-do you really need to answer all the questions ex. land-year purchased,purchase price, estimated current market value

regarding insurance coverage? ex. life insurance etc.. where does it fall under? (pension, mutual fund, and other assets?)
how about car? will just get the value from the insurance coverage? will this be under other assets?

thank you
sorry for the long list of questions just want to make sure, I hope you don't mind thank you really appreciate it :)
If u send your documents via courier then u need to use following courier address. Affix suffient postage is necessary for them who will send their documents via Mail. I understand that the booklet EG7 shows "Affix suffient postage" in courier section which is actually a printing mistake. The online guide doesnt have this mistake. check the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG76.asp
(Your Name)
(Your Address)
(Your Postal Code)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.: SW1 -NOC # 3113
196 George Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 1J3
Canada

regarding funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets.
you can send either bank statement or bank certificate.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blueray333,

Just wanted to send a burst of energy your way as you finalize your application! I imagine this is getting very frustrating for you – I've been following your story and it seems that every time you get ready to send it off something changes in the rules.

Couple things based on your various posts:
- Now that you are ready to submit, do yourself a favor and triple check that there is absolutely no blank entries in your application. Any blank field, fill it in with an n/a (just hand-write it in)
- Remember to photocopy the entire application after you do that
- In terms of the PCC, given what you've said (that it will likely be over 3 months old before you hear back from the CIO) and the fact that the rules keep changing, I completely agree with what you suggested and would send the PCC you have to the CIO. I would add a note to explain to them why you are sending it (given the frequent rule changes you want to make sure they have it if they need it) and add that if necessary you will get another one for the visa office if/when they request it. (don't tell them to throw it away ... I suspect you saying that was only half a joke and I'm just makin' sure here...)

Then, I would put the application together, go through the checklist one last time, lick the envelope closed, mail it, put the confirmation of mailing it in a safe place, and go celebrate - you really deserve to just sit back and enjoy the moment and congratulate yourself for making it through all the rule changes and getting it done so quickly.

Then, I would, start the process to get another PCC so I have it ready if/when the Visa Office asks for it to avoid any future delays ... and would keep doing this to ensure I always have a PCC that is less than 3 months old (that is ... unless / until the rules change again)

Oh, and one more thing: I know this is an exciting and scary time - I've been there and you really don't want to get anything wrong. Try to take comfort in the fact that you've really gone through everything in detail because this is the time when that pays back as you can be confident that you've put a good application together.

BTW, I sent you a PM a few days ago-did you get it?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manshriram said:
Thanx OhCanadiana..Please suggest if i need to notarized my passport documents.....One more question My contract document with the company is three years old. do I need the contract document needs to be latest dated.I have 10 bank accounts, two of which are the joint account with my parents.Will there be any problem if I show the amount of joint account...Thx
1) Check your visa office specific instructions. Most visa offices just ask for a photocopy of the biographical page of the passport, but some people have said they need to send the whole passport and notarize it so there may be some that ask for that. Best to go to the source
2) No - you don't need a new contract. The one you have should be fine (since it is the one dictating your work situation).
3) If you saying you will show all 10 including joint ones, that should be alright as long as you have access to the joint funds and can use them and you can get a statement from your parents to that effect if needbe then I would guess they count as your funds - but please check the details of your visa office again here also.

Good luck!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Whew, OhCanadiana, I am glad you were on the same wavelength telling blueray not to make ANY comments about CIO throwing ANYTHING out! Ha Ha Ha!~ Can you imagine what the role of the CIO staff must be like now with the deluge of envelopes increasing and wondering if they should be considered a complete application if they do or do not contain a PCC (depending on date). Good Luck, blueray - tell us when you finally release the envelope from your hands!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
molarius said:

I have some questions :

assets
A. Bank Deposits
B. Property

thank you

Glad this thread helped :)

1) Yes - since you are eligible for just one NOC code then just write that one in
2) Sufficient postage just means make sure you pay enough for the letter to make it there - with courier service, they should do it automatically and charge your credit card or account or make you pay in cash when you drop it off. If you were mailing it with the post office, then they are just reminding you to make sure you put enough stamps to pay for the heavier-than-letter package so it doesn't get sent back or arrive COD to the CIO.
3) Please check your visa office specific forms at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp. There are differences in the details of what they accept and how to show things.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
Blueray333,

Just wanted to send a burst of energy your way as you finalize your application! I imagine this is getting very frustrating for you – I've been following your story and it seems that every time you get ready to send it off something changes in the rules.

Couple things based on your various posts:
- Now that you are ready to submit, do yourself a favor and triple check that there is absolutely no blank entries in your application. Any blank field, fill it in with an n/a (just hand-write it in)
- Remember to photocopy the entire application after you do that
- In terms of the PCC, given what you've said (that it will likely be over 3 months old before you hear back from the CIO) and the fact that the rules keep changing, I completely agree with what you suggested and would send the PCC you have to the CIO. I would add a note to explain to them why you are sending it (given the frequent rule changes you want to make sure they have it if they need it) and add that if necessary you will get another one for the visa office if/when they request it. (don't tell them to throw it away ... I suspect you saying that was only half a joke and I'm just makin' sure here...)

Then, I would put the application together, go through the checklist one last time, lick the envelope closed, mail it, put the confirmation of mailing it in a safe place, and go celebrate - you really deserve to just sit back and enjoy the moment and congratulate yourself for making it through all the rule changes and getting it done so quickly.

Then, I would, start the process to get another PCC so I have it ready if/when the Visa Office asks for it to avoid any future delays ... and would keep doing this to ensure I always have a PCC that is less than 3 months old (that is ... unless / until the rules change again)

Oh, and one more thing: I know this is an exciting and scary time - I've been there and you really don't want to get anything wrong. Try to take comfort in the fact that you've really gone through everything in detail because this is the time when that pays back as you can be confident that you've put a good application together.

BTW, I sent you a PM a few days ago-did you get it?
Thanks so much OhCanadiana!

I have already placed the documents on an envelope, not yet sealed :) I'll be sealing it once I get to DHL today :)

Haha. actually, I was a bit serious in regards to throwing away the PCC if not needed. After reading your comment, I will do just as you suggested, better than telling CIO Staff to throw it away.

I just hope that quota is still not closed, and all documents are in order :)

I would also like to say thank you again OhCanadiana. And, I won't forget about Pippin. Pippin, you have been a big help too, you and OhCanadian. I still have a smile on my face whenever I read through your comment when I asked for your thoughts :) haha

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
OhCanadiana said:
and near the bottom of the page to the right of Police Certificates just under the line across the page.

"All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances as part of the application process.
Note: Do not
submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your applicationis placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application."
thanks for the reply OhCanadiana
so that means only PCC will needs to be sent later to the CIO.. all the rest documents need to be sent along with the application..
this is a change from what was mentioned/being followed earlier.. am i correct?
pls confirm

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Dr. Hasib, Oh canadiana

Thank you very much for the reply... I am almost done with the gathering of my documents... hopefully I will be able to mail the application by Tues when I get the other documents that I requested...
quick question...

do you need to put under other names used/known even nicknames? or for married women just the maiden name?

regarding the proof of funds.. the husband is the principal applicant and yet most of the assets like bank certificate, land title is under the wifes name is that ok? since they are married?

thank you very much