AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just spoke to someone at Ontario Immigration. They are pretty helpful and seem knowledgeable as well. They have a handbook with all the relevant information which she read out to me.

Regarding proof of funds:

1) According to the agent, if you are in Ontario and fall under CEC, you do not need to show any proof of funds.
2) If you are on implied status while the application is being processed on their end, you need to send proof of being on implied status, and also, they will not finalize your application until you show them proof that you are no longer on implied status. I asked her this because I will be applying for an LMIA based work permit soon and will be on implied status after my current PGWP expires in a few days. My company's application for the LMIA will also be sent concurrently. What I basically came to understand is that there is no point in applying for the OOPNP for me since if the LMIA gets rejected and so, my work permit gets rejected, I won't get my application for OOPNP finalized, and if I get the LMIA approved, I will have no reason to apply for the OOPNP since I will get 600 points from the LMIA.
3) I also asked about how many slots they have currently left out of the 2700. She said that they don't have an exact number but since the program just started last week she would not worry about it. And even if the cap is filled this year, you will be counted for the next year instead (if approved) - meaning they won't just take your $1500 fee for nothing.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are not refugee and if you are on implied status with application in process youcan apply as people from outside canada are also going to apply.
Also you cannot apply if you have not received PT nominee letter.

I tried on website and I found only this much. So implied status thing they have not mentioned in who cannot apply. So you are good to apply I guess.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1 for you..
Good info..

Can you please provide their contact number.
I saw some other comments saying if we dont have fund we need to prove with pay stubs and all; and also the job offer should be with LMIA

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can apply but they said they will not finalize a decision until I am no longer on implied status.

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I received the PT last Friday, although I don't have a bachelor's degree. My ECA equivalence is Diploma (three years) and post-graduate certificate (one year)

Anyone else in the same situation ? Any idea what to do ?

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I got the same letter from CIC regarding PNP-Ontario day before. I am wondering if I am eligible for PNP-Ontario as I have 1.6 years valid experience till now. What are the major requirements for applying under PNP-Ontario and what kind of documents will I need?

Please help

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
adi1989 said:
Hi

I got the same letter from CIC regarding PNP-Ontario day before. I am wondering if I am eligible for PNP-Ontario as I have 1.6 years valid experience till now. What are the major requirements for applying under PNP-Ontario and what kind of documents will I need?

Please help
To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must:
1. Have received a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account;
2. Have successfully registered for Express Entry;
3. Score and maintain a minimum of 400 points on the Comprehensive Ranking System;
4. Qualify for either the Federal Skilled Worker Program OR the Canadian Experience Class; AND
5. Indicate interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories” when you register for Express Entry.

Start collecting the documents and fill the application form if you have $1500 to spare. :)

lebeaupoissonrouge

Dec 29, 2014
AM198 said:
Just spoke to someone at Ontario Immigration. They are pretty helpful and seem knowledgeable as well. They have a handbook with all the relevant information which she read out to me.

(...)
Hi,
Which phone number did you dial ? +1 416 327-0374 doesn't work (voice mail box full) and +1 866 214 6820 can't be reached from outside Canada !
Thanks

hemishpatel

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Hello
If I recreate my profile than do hey ask for job seeker validation code again?
Do I have to do all the job bank registration process again?
I tired to find My code in my job bank code but didn't get?
Where hall I find that?

Please help me out

Thanks

maxwang

Jun 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AM198 said:

Regarding proof of funds:

1) According to the agent, if you are in Ontario and fall under CEC, you do not need to show any proof of funds.
2) If you are on implied status while the application is being processed on their end, you need to send proof of being on implied status, and also, they will not finalize your application until you show them proof that you are no longer on implied status. I asked her this because I will be applying for an LMIA based work permit soon and will be on implied status after my current PGWP expires in a few days. My company's application for the LMIA will also be sent concurrently. What I basically came to understand is that there is no point in applying for the OOPNP for me since if the LMIA gets rejected and so, my work permit gets rejected, I won't get my application for OOPNP finalized, and if I get the LMIA approved, I will have no reason to apply for the OOPNP since I will get 600 points from the LMIA.
3) I also asked about how many slots they have currently left out of the 2700. She said that they don't have an exact number but since the program just started last week she would not worry about it. And even if the cap is filled this year, you will be counted for the next year instead (if approved) - meaning they won't just take your $1500 fee for nothing.
Very useful information. Same as what I got from an agent. Do they evaluate candidates' information on a first-come-first-serve basis?

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
I could not find any information in the application guide about this though. I thought everyone has to show proof of funds?

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lebeaupoissonrouge said:
Hi,
Which phone number did you dial ? +1 416 327-0374 doesn't work (voice mail box full) and +1 866 214 6820 can't be reached from outside Canada !
Thanks
Keep dialling this number. I eventually got through. They're probably getting sick of the flood of calls they're getting.

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I got same situation as you. I have three year advanced diploma. i went to OOPNP office today but i m not satisfied with the answer they said if you don't have degree then don't apply.

I asked then why they are selecting people with 3year diploma if they are already checking eligibility criteria then she was blank.

Their system is very strange why they are selecting so many people with 3 year diploma if they have requirement for degree.

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
They have a specific question where they ask about other pnp applications...i think that will be a main factors...applicants who have applied for any other province in past have less chances of selection