+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Information for Backlog Applicants!

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
Hi Pittabread,
Thanks for the information. We will be waiting , whenever they are ready. Our lives and future is in their hands.
I highly appreciate your patience, your dedication and your positive approach. One day all the good work will pay off....

All the best....

zarsher

Jun 1, 2011
pittabread said:
Hi All!

A friend of mine who applied in 2007 for FSW has received the following email. Hope it will help to understand the time lines of backlog applicants. Here is the email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry

For Federal Skilled Worker applicants who applied before February 27, 2008.

We have received enough Federal Skilled Worker applications since February 27, 2008 to reach our immigration levels for the next two years. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis. Therefore, few Federal Skilled Worker applications received before February 27, 2008 will be processed this year or next.

The exception is the small number of cases where federal skilled worker applicants have already received instructions to undergo their medical examinations. These applicants should receive a final decision within 12 months of completing their medical examination.

The Action Plan for Faster Immigration has helped reduce application backlogs and wait times. Before the Action Plan was introduced, Canada had a backlog of over 640,000 people in the federal skilled worker category waiting as long as six years to be processed. In just three years, we've been able to get more than 300,000 people out of the lineup - that's close to half those who were waiting.

When a Federal Skilled Worker application is due for assessment, our office will send a letter asking the applicant to submit updated information in support of the application. This new information will be reviewed by an immigration officer who will determine if you meet the requirements for immigration.

Please wait until you receive this letter before providing any new information relating to changes in your personal circumstances, additional dependents, new employment, education or new identity documents.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

We have admended your e-mail address.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada
Yo peets thanx for sharing man..........but i am still thinking. Though the mail is pretty self elaborating......like i am also a pre june 2010, like your self.
When i did the maths.......like VO London has a quota of what 17500 applications annually. And out of these 10000 planed for 2011-2012 they will get what something like 2000, and the rest would be for the back log.

So could we get the info that actually how many post 27 Feb 2008 applications are still with London VO to be finalized......it will give us a true picture and the wait would be alot easier.......

What do you say