AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
Well i am no Immigrant Lawyer or Expert but from my experience and posts i read all over topics; I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND ordering GCMS after 4 months (then 5 months and so on) of AOR...In most of the cases; It will increase chances for immediate processing of your application.

I submitted my application on 7 Nov 2015 and my application was not touched after 12 Dec (last opened by agent or officer as they received additional document on that date) until 18 Feb (i know about this through GCMS notes i got) though nothing was being updated on 18 Feb. Now I ordered GCMS notes on 23 March and the agent (GMxxxx) who opened my application for GCMS notes assigned agent (RC-xxxx) for my application to be processed; In addition; The due date for the application to be processed was put to be 23 March (this is what i mean by immediate processing) . Cutting the story short i got my Passport request in 3 weeks(this may change from case to case depending on complexity) of ordering GCMS notes.

The point is ordering gcms notes shd not be much of a bother thinking it might speed up ur application process a bit. Well I have my PPR so i am not writing this topic for myself or my benefit but I just thought of people who like me were waiting for more than 4 months of any progress in PR application and i can feel the emotions and frustration that one hav in this time period(with all your plans halted due to this limbo); Its my friendly advice to Just order GCMS notes; Who knows it might speed up your application processing as well. Good Luck everyone!!! :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ultimate_One said:
Well i am no Immigrant Lawyer or Expert but from my experience and posts i read all over topics; I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND ordering GCMS after 4 months (then 5 months and so on) of AOR...In most of the cases; It will increase chances for immediate processing of your application.

I submitted my application on 7 Nov 2015 and my application was not touched after 12 Dec (last opened by agent or officer as they received additional document on that date) until 18 Feb (i know about this through GCMS notes i got) though nothing was being updated on 18 Feb. Now I ordered GCMS notes on 23 March and the agent (GMxxxx) who opened my application for GCMS notes assigned agent (RC-xxxx) for my application to be processed; In addition; The due date for the application to be processed was put to be 23 March (this is what i mean by immediate processing) . Cutting the story short i got my Passport request in 3 weeks(this may change from case to case depending on complexity) of ordering GCMS notes.

The point is ordering gcms notes shd not be much of a bother thinking it might speed up ur application process a bit. Well I have my PPR so i am not writing this topic for myself or my benefit but I just thought of people who like me were waiting for more than 4 months of any progress in PR application and i can feel the emotions and frustration that one hav in this time period(with all your plans halted due to this limbo); Its my friendly advice to Just order GCMS notes; Who knows it might speed up your application processing as well. Good Luck everyone!!! :)
+1, thanks for sharing this piece of information!

svg_dxb

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
UAE (DUBAI)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
26-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
Read this on CIC website...Point here to note, if I'm an individual applicant i.e. did not use a canadian immigration lawyer or a immigration firm for applying EE then how can one use it?

"Send a request to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) under the Access to Information Act (ATI) to:

Get information about CIC
Get information that would have been created by CIC
Get personal information submitted by a representative, where the client (with their consent) is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or here in Canada.
The fee for requests under the Access to information Act is $5.00.

To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada.

If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, you must include the Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM 5744) form. Include this form for each individual listed on your file who is over the age of 18."

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ultimate_One thank you for your invaluable insight. My main reason for ordering FCMS notes after 2 months is that on 4 March submitted CSE for change if address. Since then I an waiting 44 days but got no response.

I called the CIC call centre and they said they couldn't tell me if my address had been updated. Hence I feel ordering GCMS Notes is my only way to find out about my R10 is Passed, if my address is updated and if my case file is being worked on or just sitting on the VOs desk collecting dust.

The whole system is so backwards.

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
svg_dxb said:
Read this on CIC website...Point here to note, if I'm an individual applicant i.e. did not use a canadian immigration lawyer or a immigration firm for applying EE then how can one use it?
You can apply through one of the so many firms that provide GCMS notes for outland applicants for about $25. visafile.info is the one i used.

Hope this helps.