+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status

GO83

Oct 19, 2009
I've put in my application for the Canadian Experience Class and I heard this weekend from some friends that once your application is in then you have "implied status" until you are rejected/accepted. Is this true? And for working as well? Or just visiting?

My understanding was that if your work visa expires you need to leave and renter the country (I'm from the sates) and just wait for an positive PR status. (Or move back to the states and work there while I wait).

I was told if I want to work after my current visa (Post Grad Work Visa - 3yr) expires I need to apply for an LMO which I've opted not to do. So I thought that was my only option to continue working.

Just curious since I'm on a tight timeline as my AOR just came in on Feb 24th and my current visa (Post Grad Work Visa - 3yr) expires July 25th. Kinda warned my boss I might need to quit end of July.

Thanks for any replies!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

GO83 said:
I've put in my application for the Canadian Experience Class and I heard this weekend from some friends that once your application is in then you have "implied status" until you are rejected/accepted. Is this true? And for working as well? Or just visiting?

My understanding was that if your work visa expires you need to leave and renter the country (I'm from the sates) and just wait for an positive PR status. (Or move back to the states and work there while I wait).

I was told if I want to work after my current visa (Post Grad Work Visa - 3yr) expires I need to apply for an LMO which I've opted not to do. So I thought that was my only option to continue working.

Just curious since I'm on a tight timeline as my AOR just came in on Feb 24th and my current visa (Post Grad Work Visa - 3yr) expires July 25th. Kinda warned my boss I might need to quit end of July.

Thanks for any replies!
1. No it is not true, apply for CEC doesn't give you any privileges

PMM