+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status Work Permit extension already filed

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
I am working in Canada since Oct-2014. My current closed work permit got expired on 15-Mar-2017. I received ITA on 25-Mar and I am about submit all my document.
I have a letter from my company's HR department confirming Work-permit extension was filed with CIC on 01-Feb-2017, 45 days before Work Permit expiry.

What is the best place to upload this letter confirming I am on "Implied" status and legally working in Canada?

How should I write about this in LOE?

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can attach It to your LOE. Your Company sent you an original Message from cic confirming that application for extension has been sent/receipt for paper application or this is only a message from you company that they have sent it?

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
This is the only letter. In paper application, CIC does not send a receipt.

Back to my question:
What is the best place to upload this letter confirming I am on "Implied" status and legally working in Canada?

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Definitely LOE

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
You will have a slot for every item (passport, police check, etc).
Then under all of that there will be another section at the bottom that has a slot to add a letter of explanation, by the exact same name.

If you have a bunch of explanation for different items (eg. POF explaining a gift deed, or not being able to obtain a certain PCC,) then you can do a cover letter and list all the items, kind of like Annex A, Annex B and put it all together in one document.

Does it make sense?

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
slw said:
You will have a slot for every item (passport, police check, etc).
Then under all of that there will be another section at the bottom that has a slot to add a letter of explanation, by the exact same name.

If you have a bunch of explanation for different items (eg. POF explaining a gift deed, or not being able to obtain a certain PCC,) then you can do a cover letter and list all the items, kind of like Annex A, Annex B and put it all together in one document.

Does it make sense?
Yes, I am able to understand your point.

Thanks a lot.

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prerak said:
This is the only letter. In paper application, CIC does not send a receipt.

Back to my question:
If your company have sent paper application then they got online receipt while paying for it and as long as I know from my case this is the only one official confirmation of the application being sent.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Hello,
In my case,
- my closed ICT work permit is going to expire on Sep 28th
- company has filed an extension on May 1st and I have extension application acknowledge & payment receipt from IRCC
- Still my work permit is valid (not expired and not on implied status)
- I received an ITA on June 25th and have 90 days to submit documents
So my question is,
if I accept an ITA and submit for PR application what will happen to my work permit extension that's already filed? will it be rejected after I apply for PR?
and what will happen if I go on implied status? Do I have to file BOWP after my work permit expires?