+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status while waiting for PR

JohnDobski

Jul 24, 2016
Hi, I have a question. My visitor visa is about to expire and I applied for visitor extension. I don't expect to receive an answer before the expiration date so I assume that I will wait on the implied status for the extension. Do I update anything in my PR application while waiting for it?

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JohnDobski said:
Hi, I have a question. My visitor visa is about to expire and I applied for visitor extension. I don't expect to receive an answer before the expiration date so I assume that I will wait on the implied status for the extension. Do I update anything in my PR application while waiting for it?
Hi

Yes, you will have Implied Status. You don't need to update your PR app.

Reactions: JssAmA

canadaee2015

Dec 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you don't have to update anything for PR application. If you can recollect the application process right from the beginning, you were never asked about your status in Canada. Also in the document upload section they didn't ask for current status.

hope this answers your question

Anand.kn

Jan 8, 2018
Hey, my implied status is done and my 90days are done. I will have to leave Canada now. My PR application is submitted on November 18th, 2017... My medicals done, my background check is going through. When I submitted my PR application I had a legal status in Canada. Will there be a problem with my inland PR application!? Thankyou, I'm very stressed. Could someone tell me what to do next?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, my implied status is done and my 90days are done. I will have to leave Canada now. My PR application is submitted on November 18th, 2017... My medicals done, my background check is going through. When I submitted my PR application I had a legal status in Canada. Will there be a problem with my inland PR application!? Thankyou, I'm very stressed. Could someone tell me what to do next?
I believe you mean restoration period and not implied status. Yes, as long as you do leave the country no issue with your PR application.

Leave the country and update your address.

Anand.kn

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you for your response.

I have pasted a paragraph from the immigration website about leaving the country.. I have no status in Canada, will there be still any problem with my PR file.

Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?

Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your response.

I have pasted a paragraph from the immigration website about leaving the country.. I have no status in Canada, will there be still any problem with my PR file.

Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?

Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.
Again, there is no issue.

Reactions: Florin86

Sara25

Apr 23, 2019

Thank you.
Hi John,

I believe you are now a permanent resident. what was your reason when you applied for extension of your visit visa? My PR application is in process and I will be out of status by May 30. I plan to apply for extension this Friday.

Florin86

Apr 12, 2018
Hello,
Any update,please, for your files?
I am in the same situation. My PR application is in process and yesterday I received a pre arrival letter. But also yesterday my application for extended visa was refused because I sent my file online instead to send it on paper:( I didn't know about this aspect.
Now I am out of status and I intend to restore my status and I am afraid that my actual situation will affect my PR file.
Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
Any update,please, for your files?
I am in the same situation. My PR application is in process and yesterday I received a pre arrival letter. But also yesterday my application for extended visa was refused because I sent my file online instead to send it on paper:( I didn't know about this aspect.
Now I am out of status and I intend to restore my status and I am afraid that my actual situation will affect my PR file.
Thanks!
Yes, it can affect it. You can't land as a PR within Canada without valid status.

Florin86

Apr 12, 2018
Yes, it can affect it. You can't land as a PR within Canada without valid status.
Thanks for your answer.
Even if I send an application to restore my status? This is what they advise me in their refusal letter. I found on this forum that some people got they PR when their applications for restoring status were in processing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your answer.
Even if I send an application to restore my status? This is what they advise me in their refusal letter. I found on this forum that some people got they PR when their applications for restoring status were in processing.
If your status is restored, you can land. Otherwise, you can't land within Canada without valid status.

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
We are in Canada right now. Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what do you mean by "I can't land" .
I think he means you won’t be able to go to an IRCC office to finish the PR application but will have to leave and re-enter canada (flag poling).

Reactions: Florin86